Merry Christmas Email from Mom: December 24, 2021
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: December 24, 2021
Subject: Merry Christmas

Merry merry Christmas 2021 to you! How are you? How was the rest of your week after the temple trip on Wednesday?
This week here at home has been low key but nice to not have much going
and having to be anywhere outside of the house. The week of Christmas
and any sort of store just doesn’t sound fun you know? I think if you
were home I might be willing but the two here don’t love the shopping
thing so..
B had an Ortho and derm appointment on Wednesday. They both went well.
They were going to take B to 2 accutane pills a day but she doesn’t
weigh enough so we will stay with just 1 for now. Her skin already looks
so much better so I am good with it. She is frustrated but she says she
understands so that makes it a little better. That night Tyler and I
went to the adult ward party at the Balls house. One word describes it
and that simply is ‘pathetic’. In all there were 21 people. That
included the bishopric and their wives, my presidency, and a small
handful of others. No yw presidency, no primary, and literally nobody
period. So much money spent and it was a total embarrassment as a ward
in whole. I can’t wait to hear the report at the first ward council come
January. (We start church at 9am in January too! Wahoo!)
Thursday we took B to the Wild Rose for dinner. It was fun. She didn’t
love it and would have been happy to just do KFC but we wanted to do
different. I think she was ready to be done hanging with us. We had also
gone to see Sing 2 at the theater that afternoon so she was with us all
day. She was a trooper though and I loved having that time with her. 
Today Tyler got up and took his kids to lunch so B and I headed to the
tattoo parlor. Yep…you read that right! She got her cartilage pierced
and I got my daith pierced hoping to fight these dang migraines I can’t
seem to get rid of.
Holy
cow…I swear the tattoo needle went through my brain! Her ear is pretty
sore right now and I think she may regret it when she tries to sleep
tonight but hopefully she will be good tomorrow and the days ahead too. I
think she really likes it…just super sore right now. You remember
right?
We did crescent chicken for dinner and then the three of us each did a gingerbread house. You get to choose who did which one.
We
got that all cleaned up and the played a full 9 rounds of golf. After
that B said she wanted to go color upstairs so she got into pajamas, let
me take her picture with Charli (look at that! Even teeth this time!!)
and headed upstairs. Tyler and I are watching A Christmas Story for a
bit and then we will go climb into bed.
I don’t know if I will sleep all too well because I am excited for a few
things myself tomorrow. There are some fun gifts for the two here plus I
get to talk to you and Christian too. We were supposed to get snow but
mostly it has been raining. I will take rain over snow any day! I looked
and it appears we may wake up to snow but who knows? The weather people
have no clue what they say so I don’t believe anything 
This holiday is weird without you home and without Christian but I can’t
imagine you anywhere else doing anything different. I know the day will
come when we will all be together again for Christmas and I can’t wait
for that but…today I love that we have Christmas to share with each
other in different countries. I sure love you. You make my whole heart
happy and I am so proud of you. Can’t wait to get to hear from you and
how your week has been.
Merry Christmas Kaitlyn. I love you for forever. 

Mom
| Charli and Brooklyn - Christmas Eve 2021 |
| Mom's Gingerbread House |
| Tyler's Gingerbread House |
| Brooklyn's Gingerbread House |
| Christmas Eve Gingerbread Houses |