Week 49 Email: The One With Conferencia

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Wednesday, December 22, 2021
Subject: The One With Conferencia

Bom dia!! Como vai?? 
You get two emails from me this week haha! I totally spaced to tell you guys that I went to the temple! Because of that we had to move our pday to Wednesday. This week was absolutely incredible and so eventful! Let's just get right into all this news :) 

- To really just start of the week in a high note we had a HUGE rainstorm here in Carpina. We were studying and do nada the ceiling in our kitchen and laundry started to leak. Not just a little bit either, a LOT! Let's just say we spend a good chunk of Tuesday getting rained on inside the apartment while we tried to clean it up haha! 
- We had a virtual mission Conference woot woot! It was actually super cool to get some training from our mission presidency this time too. Presidente Tavares talked about how the Holy Ghost is like our link that is sent to us to open the 'portal' to the Heavens to communicate with Hevanely Father. I've never thought of it that way but it makes totally sense :) 
- We had some visits with some of our members this week! Sister Bradbeer and I got some sun ;) Sorry for all you guys out there in the snow! 
- We had quite the week of travel too! We went to Recife for a little meeting for new missionaries and I had my first Subway in Brasil! I can confirm that Subway in the states is actually better;)
- We had a super amazing atividade do Natal! Our ward is super amazing and we sent up a tent in the Praça and gave our Livro De Mormons! We got so many referrals and it some of them actually responded! It was incredible, I don't even have words :) 
- We had exchanges this week too! It was super weird to not have Sister Bradbeer with me but we had a lot of really cool miracles too :) 
- We had Conferencia de Natal with our whole mission and I absolutely loved every second of it! It was a mission Conference to remember. I even got to sing Silent Night in portugues so if that doesn't make it even more memorable I don't know what does ;) 
- I went to the temple today! I can't even begin to express my love for the temple gente :) I could live there forever. If you're able to go to the temple, please, please, please make sure you're going! It's such an amazing opportunity and it truly truly is the house of the Lord :) Pictures to come later this week 

Spiritual Thought 
This week of course is Christmas! I have something special planned so I'll keep this thought a little shorter and maybe sweeter ;) In our Conferencia we focused a lot on Christ and I kept having this overwhelming and reoccurring thought. Jesus Cristo é realmente TUDO. There is nothing that He can't do or overcome. There is nothing that He hasn't felt or experienced. His divine mission on this earth started with His humble birth and ended with His humble, yet infinite sacrifice. How incredible is that to have Him as part of our lives :) He is everything! 

Sorry for the longer email this week gente haha! Hopefully some of you are still reading :) Thank you all for your sweet emails and words! They seriously make my whole week that much better. I'm so grateful for all of you and I hope you can feel my love all the way from Brasil :) Remember that the Savior loves you and so do I! 
Amo vocês! 
Beijos,

Sister Garcia

Fotos!

Carpina Sunsets :)
Some Members from the activity on Friday:)
Leí e Gabi
Santa hats!
Little Christmas Tree
Manjedoura em Carpina:)


Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom