Email from Mom: Saturday, January 22, 2022

From: Mom!
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, January 22, 2022
Subject: It's Kelly's birthday today

I am sure you wanted to know that right? :) I texted her this morning and told her I missed beauty school just so I could hang with her each day/night. She sent a colorful text reply back that had me smiling because it screamed Kelly all over it!

How are you? How was your week? Did you get a passing grade on your cleaning from Monday? I still cannot believe how thorough you did that with the qtips and all. Good on you! I am excited to hear how church tomorrow goes for you and if you have any friends who will be joining you.

This week here at home was just another week. Home school for B and she rocked it. She got up and did her thing and although she loved sleeping in and not really having to get ready, she missed the social part that school provides. It will be nice to get back to her normal on Monday. She does have an ortho appointment Monday afternoon but other than that, thank goodness for normal. :) Speaking of ortho...she has wisdom teeth popping through on the bottom of her mouth so I am sure I will be home Monday after that appointment getting an appointment made to have them out. I was sure hoping to wait until she was done with school in June but they hurt her pretty good and I sure don't' want to risk undoing 3 years worth of braces so...

I had a presidency meeting this week that was pretty uneventful. Jaci is still annoyed at me and just sat in the chair pretty pouty. At some point she will need to grow up or I will just have to ask to have her released. Ugh. Akaela is good. Started the Keto again this week. She is funny..I wish her the best. You'd think as a vegetarian it would be easy right? Not so much when the rest of her diet is usually filled in with sugars and carbs from all the treats and breads she eats in addition to her vegetables. I will make sure to check in with her regularly. :) Kylie is good. Just trying to survive literally one day at a time with her small three littles. I cannot imagine going back to those days again. It would be hard. She longs for meetings that take her out of her house. Sad right!

B had a dermatologist appointment on Thursday. She is now taking 2 accutane pills a day instead of 1. She is happy with how things are progressing and the results she is seeing so far so she is good with adding an additional pill to her daily regiment. I reminded her to be sure to stay on top of her moisturizer, tea tree shampoo and conditioner, and her chapstick. She has done a pretty good job on all of that thus far.

Tyler finally arranged someone to come take care of the basement holes that are in the ceiling. That will be done on  Monday. I am so glad to know that we will be able to get life put back together around here! I am ready for projects to be done you know? I am in the process of trying to sell my one exercise machine in the basement. Hoping that will go away real soon too. I need to sell Charli's crate but I am not ready to address that just yet. I was feeling pretty good about things and then on Saturday I got a 'With Sympathy' card from the staff at the veterinary clinic and it brought me back to my hot mess of missing Charli lots. It is crazy the little sounds you wait to hear her make or the scratch at the back door you are sure you heard. But instead, most days the back door doesn't even get unlocked until Tyler heads to his garage and that is usually around 11 or noon. It's weird.

Mask mandates are no longer here at home and the Senate has taken the power away from city mayors to enforce one. It has been a huge relief. I think all around, political parties and all, everyone is done. They are all looking to have the word Covid out of day to day lives. It has taken over and destroyed so much of what human life looks like that it is time to try and regroup and get back to whatever the new normal will look like you know? I can only pray that by the time you head home things look very differently. That has been my prayer for so long and I just hope that as we take each new day on that prayers are answered, even if just in the smallest of ways.

It is interesting as the weeks keep passing me by that I find myself wanting to stay home and not venture out. I want to stay inside my walls and take care of those in my home and in my care and focus on just that. (people are nuts...let's just say that and end it at that) I am reminded day in and day out that I am in a calling that there are more outside of our house however that need some of me to focus on them as well. Even if it is just a quick text to say I am thinking of them you know? Covid has made it so I want to just stay in and I haven't been one to be on the crazy extreme worry side you know? I can't imagine what life must look like for those who have been in their homes now for 2 full years! It is all a mind changing experience you know? I need to get back to wanting to 'serve' if you will rather than just focus in on just our home and family and then doing the minimum for others. It's hard. But...the days I find myself in a spot where I quite frankly don't want to do anything...I am reminded of you and your work you do day in and day out. Without any sort of reservation and always with a smile. I need you to know how grateful I am for you and for your example. I lean on that quite a bit most days anymore. Take a good look around, even in Brazil you are making huge differences in people all over the world! :) I never once doubted you and what you would do as a missionary, but what I didn't see is that your service would impact my life in such tremendous ways. Ahhh...all the feels. <3

I am looking forward to hearing how your week went and how you are doing. I am looking forward to hearing your happy and sharing in your challenges and your achievements. You make life so grand and I am so dang proud of you. Thanks for being you and for being all you are for so many of us. Thanks for choosing to allow me along on this journey of yours. I love you more than you will ever truly know. For forever and for always.

To the moon and back,
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom