Email from Mom: Saturday, January 29, 2022

To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, January 29, 2022
Subject: Aloha/Mahalo

Hello from Kauai! 🌺

How are you? How has this week been for you? How are your friends this week? I have also been wondering with your training how you feel Sister Bradbeer is doing? How is the language coming along for her? Are you glad you got to stay her trainer for this transfer too?

Things here have been fine. It’s been a hard week with teenager/middle school garbage. I don’t want to go into any detail but if you can keep B in your prayers I know she could use them.

Things got so bad I just couldn’t feel good about having her at home with grandma and not being able to keep a watchful eye on her so she ended up with a plane ticket to Kauai. To say she was angry is an understatement. I still don’t think she is very happy or thrilled to be here. Trying to understand feelings and emotions mixed in with hormones and the unsure of being worthy or good enlighten has all come crashing down this week. I thought I had a handle on being a teenager Mom but I have been proven very wrong. :/

We got the sheet rock repaired at home and will get it painted and the house back together when we return. It will be so nice to feel like I can hit the treadmill again. I also ordered the lululemon mirror as an added workout that will be delivered on Monday after we get back. Pilates just isn’t cutting it for me as far as a good, get sweaty and my heart pumping kind of workout I need and crave. Hopefully being able to do it all at home will be a benefit all the way around. 🤞🏻I hope by our trip in April back to this island I feel a lot better physically as well as mentally about work I have put in.

Kauai is nice. It doesn’t feel near as humid as it does normally for some reason. Maybe I was just ready to get out of the cold and inversion at home that I haven’t noticed? It was super warm at the beach today and I loved it! B has a goal to ‘get really dark’ while we are here. Her friends at school are already all dressing her return because they know her potential. The funny part? We ordered self tanning lotion for her to use on Saturday and Sunday when we get back just to ensure that she is dark and looks like she has been to Hawaii. 😂playing a little dirty but it’s all in fun and it put a smile on her face so it was worth it to me.

Other than this with B and getting ready to come to Hawaii, our week was one I am glad to put behind us. I miss you and wish you were here to have come with us. I know you will love this island! It’s on my top to do with you when you are home.

I hope to be able yo talk with you on Monday. If it works for you to call first thing in the am it will still be Sunday evening for me. But I am happy to get up early on Monday too. I can always figure out a nap if I need to. I know you are busy and I don’t want to create any issues for you and your schedule.

Please know I have you in my thoughts and prayers always. I think of you and wonder what your days look like. I wonder what you’re thoughts and feelings are with each passing day. I miss being able to catch up and hear from you each day. I am so proud of you. Thanks for your constant example.

I love you for forever and for always. To the moon and back
Mom 🤟🏻💗


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom