Email home: Monday, January 31, 2022

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, January 31, 2022
Subject: Not a lot of time

Hey hey hey! 
How are you? How was your week? Hopefully the ortho and the dentist were good and not too long ;) 
Monday was kind of a bust:/ No one wanted to answer us but that's alright I guess. We did have a phone call with Willamos though! He called and told us that he's already in 1 Nephi 9! We literally gave him the Book of Mormon on Sunday! How rad is that?! Anyways, nothing too crazy happened or anything. We did find out that we get to go to the temple again this transfer!! I'm going on February 16th and I'm so so excited :) I love the temple! Anywho, thanks for chatting with me and for helping me with everything :) Brynlee replied to my email too so I just need to respond and I'll get back to you about dresses and such :) I love you forever and for always! 
Tuesday was all over the place haha! We were getting ready to plan our day and we got a phone call from Irmã Roberta asking if we could stop by her house before going to lunch at another Irma's house. Tudo bem! So we show up and she needed help cleaning up her house. After about an hour and half tudo was all cleaned up and was spotless! I don't know if that was really service that Presidente Nordfelt has been talking more about but I was glad we were able to help her and she was super grateful by the time it was all said and done. I did have a first though! Irmã Roberta bought some fresh coconuts and needed them to be cut open so we could drink them. Well she cut two of them open and I was like 'well that looks simple enough' TOTALLY forgetting about the first time I tried to cut open a coconut. She then had to stop because Havi was crying so she handed me the knife and told me to cut open the last coconut. I quickly learned that I had ZERO clue what I was doing BUT I got it and the coconut actually sprayed water on me haha! But I managed to get it open and we got the water out :) After Irmã Roberta's house we had a nice long walk to get to Irmã Silvanias house for lunch. I have some rad tan lines to say the least ;) We've been getting a ton of sun lately! Lunch was quick but it was yummy. I was kind of grateful that it didn't last too long just because we had a lot of other stuff to do. When we got back we finally managed to get our studies in and when we finished we got an audio from the Sisters in Limoerio. They don't have water again so they were headed to Carpina. We got a lot done but right as we were getting ready to call our friend Willamis, they showed up and needed help. It was kind of a tender mercy though because he couldn't answer when we were going to call. I don't even know how to begin to explain Willamis! We ended up calling him and we talked for an hour with him. He's already in 1 Nefi 12 and we gave him the Book of Mormon on Sunday. That's amazing! Not only that but so many times in the call I just had the impression that we needed to invite him to baptism. He needed go to for the night (and so did we haha!) But we marked to go to his house on Wednesday in Pauldalho. I'm so so hopeful that all of this will just dar certo! We also called our friend João and he was 100% drunk while talking to us, I love that haha! It was such a good day :) 
Wednesday was too good! Ahhhh! Okay so let's start from the beginning. We scheduled with Irmã Josefa to go and visit a menos ativo and leave a quick message just to see how everything is. Well when we got there, there was a bit of confusion and really the husband is a member but the wife isn't. We learned that she's talked to missionaries in the past and has 3 Livros but she's never felt a desejo to be baptized. Maybe this time something will be different? :) This family lives on the same street as Irmã Regina (who I love!) so we stopped by to say hi and we were on our way. Irmã Josefa is so funny! If you understood portugues you'd love the things she says haha! We came back to the apartment and had a quick lunch and personal study and then we made our way to the bus stop. We marked with Willamis for the afternoon so we went to go snag a bus. We literally were there for almost a whole hour just waiting and waiting and waiting. Finally a bus came and it was packed! When we got to Pauldalho we started to walk but Willamis called and told us that he was coming to help us find his house because it's a little difficult to find. He's literally too good to be true! He's been studying on the Biblioteca and everything and started talking to us about temples. His timeline is literally one screen but he already knows about temples?! We had a good talk and when we finally got to his house I was ready to just teach. We talked about the Plan of Salvation and he told us that it makes so much sense and that he of course wants to go to the Reino Celestial :) Not only that but we were really hoping his mom would be there and we could teach her too but she left to resolver algumas coisas. But when we were talking he told us that he really wants us to talk to his mom and that he wants her to get to the Reino Celestial também! At the end I felt like I really needed to invite him to baptism too. It was something I had talked to Sister Bradbeer about and she agreed but it all just was ready on a gold platter for me ya know? I extended the invitation and he just lit up! He's so excited! We didn't set a date yet but we told him that we would call him and talk about it a little bit more :) He's so ready though I can't even begin to explain it! We were able to snag a combie and make our way back to Carpina too which was a huge blessing. We got back and got straight into out lessons that we had marked. We were a tad behind but not anything too crazy. We were able to finish up the night strong with some solid lessons :) I'm super excited for this transfer because we have a few people that have a lot of potential. I just hope we can work with all of them this transfer :) To really just wrap everything up for Wednesday night I had another first haha! I was getting ready to take my nightly shower and right as I was getting ready to step into the shower I heard Sister Bradbeer call for me. She's normally pretty independent and doesn't need much so the fact that she called for me meant something was up. I grabbed my towel and went to her bathroom. When I got there she was in her towel with shampoo in her hair and kinda looked freaked out. I thought maybe she just ran out of water in that bathroom, boy was I wrong! She had a SCORPION in her shower and didnt know what to do! I didnt know what to do so I just decided to start smacking it haha! So I can now say that I've killed a scorpion in my towel in Brasil at roughly 9:45pm haha! 
Thursday was lowkey a slower day I can't lie. We didnt have anything too crazy and far as lessons go, but we did have them so that was a plus! We also had our first DC of the new transfer. We got a new DL and it's very very different from my last DL. The other sisters were still with us but they were planning on leaving right after DC to go back to their area. So there we were, 4 sisters with all their stuff ready to go outside the chapel haha! At like 8:56am from our DL saying that he had some kind of emergency and that we needed to have DC online this week. Sister Morias and I were super confused and a little frustrated to say the least. We came to find out that he was just lazy and didnt want to get the bus to come to Carpina... This transfer is gonna be interesting too because he told us that we're only having 2 DC in person and the test online. I don't know how I feel about my new DL if I'm being honest, we have the opportunity to do stuff normally but he wants to do it all online. Anywho, we also had to stop at the grocery because with 4 sisters we ate all the food that we had bought for the 2 of us haha! But other than that Thursday was a lowkey day. We did have a lesson with our friend Willamis! He's so solid and he's loving the Book of Mormon:) 
Friday was our day for exchanges! We found out that Sister Bradbeer was going to be staying here in Carpina and I was going to go to Camaragibe. I was kinda nervous I wont lie, just leaving Sister Bradbeer here to take care of the area was a little nerve wrecking. I was with Sister Martins again but this time it was different and it was actually pretty okay! The only thing is that my STL's are in a trio right now with a Sister that has some problems and it was a little bit of a harder day. I can't say too much about it but it was a big eye opener and my heart goes out to Sister Martins and Sister Lisboa. We ended up having to end the exchange early so I ended up back in Carpina by 8pm. We had a little bit of a rushed night just because we had to finish up working but it was good and we were able to call a few people and even talk to Willamis. He's been asking about temples so we got to talk to him about temples for a little bit and he's so excited that one day he can go! It got me thinking a lot about how we're gonna get to go to the temple :) that's gonna be such a  good day! I hope I stuff goes back to normal soon! 
Saturday was too good! We had our studies which have really just been popping off lately haha! We also were talking to Willamis and we decided to go to Pauldalho to talk to him about the Plan of Salvation. We had a few things to do and then we made our way to Pauldalho. We had a miracle too and we found a new friend while we were waiting for the bus. Unfortunately we didnt have any clowns on the bus this time, but it went by pretty quick so that was good. When we got there we started to talk about the Plan of Salvation and he was so receptive! He just kept saying that everything makes so much more sense and that he really really wants to get to the Reino Celestial! He kept talking about some stuff and there was just a moment that I knew we needed to invite him to baptism. So I did! He literally lit up! He was so excited! We didnt put him on date but he accepted some need to schedule a date for him :) It was such a  good lesson! He's so so open to everything we have to say and he reads the Book of Mormon like crazy. Ahhhh! So exciting! 
Sunday was a crazy day too! To start off the day we had a crazy rainstorm that lasted for about 10 minutes before we had to go to church. Then this is when it really got crazy! We had a puppy next to our shoes! A literal puppy! It didnt belong to any of our neighbors and we had no idea what to do so we took her to church with us. Haha! We literally showed up to church with a dog. We started to ask our members but literally no one wanted her and I felt so bad. We finally found one member that said she wanted her and she even named her Sister! How cute is that?! We also had Willamis come to church! We're hoping that we can prepare him for baptism here soon :) We had our weekly planning when we got back from church but it was much needed and we got it done. We finished off the night talking to Willamis with Irmão Cicero to talk about the Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity. It was so good to have a member there and Willamis was like, "of course I'll do that!" It was such a  good day :) 
I didnt have a ton of time this week and pday is kinda crazy already but I can't wait to talk to you :) Sorry for the shorter email too, I didnt have a ton of time this week to write :/ I love you to the moon and back! 💗


Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom