Phone Call Home: Monday, January 10, 2022


Sister Garcia came for a ride up to the cabin today as we talked! I loved being able to show her a little of the snow we have here while she is living in my dream world of warm and sunshine. :) I wonder if she actually really misses the Winter and the snow and cold or if she will always love the Brazil weather instead. That will be interesting to see this time next year.

This week we talked a lot about how Brittan (errr...Elder Rose) has been telling Sister Garcia that now that Brynlee and Bryson are engaged, he needs to finish up his mission and get home and get to work so that he can get a ring and a life started for the both of them. She lights up when she relays this but she also can see value in not getting caught up in it too. 

Life in Carpina is moving along just great and Sister Garcia continues to feel good about things with her training and the progression Sister Bradbeer is making. She does have to remind Sister Bradbeer to slow things down and keep things simple rather than try to jump in head first in all the things. I imagine patience is something that is being refined day in and day out. Kudos to Sister Garcia is all I have to say. I sure don't think I would be able to find that daily. I am afraid my OCD and take control kind of nature would win every single time. (I would be the worst missionary and worst trainer for sure!)

Sister Garcia has lots of friends who are making good progression and Sister Bradbeer extended a baptismal invite to one as well. We will be mindful of this and keep all of them in our prayers here at home. I always love the way prayers feel when we include names and intentions. I love that Sister Garcia is willing to extend that opportunity to us. 

One funny this week was that Sister Bradbeer decided she wanted to go running so her and Sister Garcia got themselves dressed and out the door. Sister Garcia said it was pretty much crap and she has a lot of work to do and she cannot wait to get home and get back on the Peloton bicycle. WHAT?? No thank you! She said they have been trying to be more mindful of what they are eating and see if they can incorporate some workouts into their weeks so it will be fun to check in on her to see how that is playing out. From what I gather, the Brazilians like to feed the missionaries and they feed them WELL. :) This is a photo I got from Sister Garcia after she returned home from her run this morning. 


She still looks good and happy right? :) I am so proud of the perseverance this girl puts in every single day. She finds the happy in all things and she continues to have a smile on her face and a happy prayer in her heart. She knows that she is working her hardest and she knows that the Lord is on her side always. She relies on the relationship she has with Him and she includes Him in all things she does. I love listening as she shares her testimony through just regular day by day words and that as she does so, I learn a little more and my faith continues to grow and be strengthened by her. Words will never be able to fully express my gratitude for her choice to serve a mission. The blessings I have experienced personally as well as those we have had as a family will forever be counted as eternal and priceless.

I love my Mondays and getting to catch up with Sister Garcia. I am already looking forward to next week. Love you to the moon and back,

Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom