Phone Call Home: Monday, January 17, 2022
| B even got to jump on since she had the day off! |
| Elder Garcia in Africa, Sister Garcia in Brazil, Mom in Oakley curled up in bed |
This was the Monday of all Mondays. :) I was SO tired. So tired. My alarm went off and I had every intention of getting up and talking with both missionaries but I could not keep my eyes open and I was feeling super nauseated because of lack of sleep so I shot a quick message and thankfully Sister Garcia replied back with "no problem, take all the time you need". I curled back up and slept a couple extra hours.
We were at the cabin with the Millers for the holiday weekend (Martin Luther King Jr) and had been up way too late playing games so it was super hard for me to stay focused on a call. :/ I loved that both the missionaries were able to be on the same call though! Sister Garcia spent the entire call cleaning a fan with q-tips. Seriously...with q-tips! She mentioned that she had to send pictures of the apartment to Sister Nordfelt for approval and a hope that she will earn an extra $20 on her MSF card for doing so. I am always so impressed with how good she is and the rules that she follows.
Some key points with Sister Garcia this week are that she is not going anywhere for this next transfer and is in fact going to stay training with Sister Bradbeer. She feels good about it and she is seeing some good progression in her so she is excited to see what the next 6 weeks holds for her. She is also seeing some good things with her friends she is working with and is hopeful that things continue to go uphill with them too.
Sister Garcia talks about things here at home a little more each week and I think part of that is probably very normal. She talked about how hitting one year this last week was a little bit of an eye opener for her and how quickly time is really truly going by. I loved being able to sit and listen to both Elder and Sister Garcia talk to one another like they were in the same room for a bit. Today was the first time that I started to wonder what it will be like when they both return home and add Brooklyn back to their mix. Brooklyn is usually at school and doesn't always get to jump in on a phone call and 'connect' with each of them while they have the opportunity each week to catch up with one another. I pray that things will fall back to normal more quickly than not and that the relationships between them will be even stronger than when each of them left.
Sister Garcia and I didn't have any one on one time today and it was okay. I wanted to talk to her a little about the whole Charli dog situation and help ease any heartache that maybe she is processing but in due time perhaps. She said she had a whole lot of cleaning and things to get done so we didn't even really message on the Facebook either.
It is sure crazy to think that we have had this sweet girl as a missionary for over a full year now! I swear it was just yesterday she was hitting submit to get her papers on their way to go downtown. Six months is either going to fly by or take the longest ever but either way, I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for her as she continues to serve Him in the greatest way possible.
So proud of all she is doing. I miss her like crazy but I absolutely adore seeing how happy she is and hearing her voice and the pure joy that comes out as she talks about what is going on in her neck of the world. I love you for forever and for always.
Mom