Phone Call Home: Monday, January 24, 2022

Well...and just like this, we have another Monday and another week down! :) For the second week in a row I was blessed with being able to have both Sister and Elder Garcia in on one call. Most weeks it really isn't me on the call other than my face because they get busy catching up and sharing back and forth with one another but I don't care. I will take whatever I can get. :) 

Sister Garcia didn't have much really to say when it comes to checking in here at home today. She was funny and started off though by mentioning that she really wants to make sure I have her white hydro with me at the airport when we pick her up. She says she misses it. HILARIOUS!!! She talked a lot about things here at home she is missing and looking forward to being a part of again. Things like going to the gym with Tyler followed up with a trip through the drive thru at In and Out. 

Sister Garcia is working still with Sister Bradbeer and says that the language is coming along nicely. When I talk with Sister Garcia you can actually see how hard she has to work in order to speak in English with me. Good and bad for sure. She is also on the lookout for some new embroidery floss because she is going to teach Sister Bradbeer how to make friendship bracelets. I laughed at this and she just smiled. I think part of her really enjoys making them but on the other hand I think it could be one of those 'pain in the butts' part of a mission too. She would never lead me on any other path to believe than that it is fine but I could tell some part of her wasn't overly thrilled about it. 

Sister Garcia mentioned today that she purchased a dress that she plans to wear on her plane ride home. I think this is just plain funny. I am 1000% certain that she has got to be beyond over what clothes she has to choose from each morning as she gets dressed. I am certain she is ready for her own clothes that hang here in her closet and that it doesn't have to be a dress or skirt every single day. But for some reason, to have already picked out and chosen a dress to travel home in just makes me smile. I can't wait to see if she will keep it when she gets home or if it will be one that gets donated.

Sister Garcia has a busy week ahead of her and she had a goal to go out and find flan today as well. (Gross but if she wants to find it then more power to her!) We didn't get to talk long but like I said, totally ok. Sister Garcia asked if I would get a 6 month gift sent to Sister Soares and also a small something to Brynlee saying that she is so excited for her upcoming wedding and that she wishes she could be here to help her in all the things. I will get on Alex and Ani and get a couple of bracelets on their way. 

Sister Garcia is still very happy in Brazil and is loving each and every single day that she gets there. I love being able to see in her eyes just how much she loves those she is serving and those she surrounds herself with day in and day out. I still cannot believe she has been a missionary now for more than a whole year. The days keep passing by quicker and quicker. I miss her and hope these next 5 months continue to fly by. :)

I love you for forever and for always,

Mom


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom