Phone Call with Mom: January 3, 2022


A quick call today but a call nonetheless. :) I will take whatever I can get. Sister Garcia and I talked just 2 days ago since her Pday changed for the New Year holiday so there wasn't really a ton to talk about. She did fill me in on what her week looks like and some of the things they are looking forward to. 

We talked briefly about how she is looking forward to coming home and doing some shopping for some new dresses and how she is starting to really tire of the ones she has to choose from for now. I cannot even imagine! I have dresses in my own closet that I feel like I have over worn and don't love reaching for them and I still have plenty of others to choose from! I assured her that I already have some plans to get her in a department store to do just that when she gets home and how excited I am to be able to spend the day with her doing so. 

Sister Garcia is so happy. SO happy. I remember when weekly phone calls were announced and how cool I thought that must be for a missionary to be able to do that after leaving home. The more I think about it and the more I experience a weekly call, I realize that it was approved for the sake of the Mother left at home. :) Seriously. Sister Garcia was sure she wasn't going to call home each week and I was trying to figure out what that would look like. Thankfully she has called every chance she has gotten and I have had a chance to look into her eyes and know if she truly is good or not. I have been able to have some really great one on one conversations with her each week and have been able to help work through some of the harder times together on the call too. I will forever count my blessings of being able to speak weekly with a follower and teacher of the Lord! 

So grateful for all the experiences Sister Garcia is having and for the growth that continues to take place each and every week. Looking forward to what the next 7 days has in store. I love you for forever. Keep up the amazing work!

Love,
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom