Week 50 Email: The One With Ano Novo
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, January 1, 2022
Subject: The One With Ano Novo
Feliz Ano Novo!
Can you guys
already believe that it's 2022?! I swear we just started 2021 haha! I
hope you all are having a great New Year already and that you have some
great goals that, let's be honest may or may not happen this year ;)
This week was full of lots of fun things and continues to prove that
everyday as a missionary is different! Let's jump right into this!
-
The Sisters from Limoerio came to stay with us because they didn't have
water and man was it a total blast! I didn't realize how much I missed
living in a 4 sister until this week :)
- We had
such an amazing Christmas! Christmas here starts on the 24th and it's a
big deal! We ended up at Irmã Roberta's house and it was an absolute
party. I've never eaten so much in my life but it was worth it ;)
-
We had a Christmas miracle and one of our friends came to church! In
Carpina our area is pretty big and it's hard to get people to come to
church, BUT José Carlos came and he said he would be back next week!
-
We had a fun adventure contacting in the praça here in Carpina! They
even had a little fair thing going on for kids and it was probably the
coolest thing I've ever seen haha! We also had some killer milkshakes
from Mr. Mix ;)
- We had a combined District
Council this week and it was so fun to get to see everyone! It reminded
me of my first transfer here in Brasil with a big district
-
Sister Bradbeer and I have really been getting into our workouts this
week! We have a goal to not let all this yummy Brazilian food show haha!
We've been doing some workout videos but we need weights and in our
mission we aren't allowed to have weights. So what do we use? The Book
of Mormon of course! It's spiritually strengthening and physically
strengthening ;)
- We got to celebrate Ano Novo
with the Sisters from Limoerio! Woot woot! Our members were super cute
too and all sent us little messages and GIFS to bring in the New Year,
seriously I couldn't ask for better members:)
-
Sister Bradbeer and I had a nice cleaning session too and man oh man did
I take a lot of things for granted in the states haha! It was a good
time though and we sang our hearts out in portugues to the youth
music;)
Spiritual Thought
To
start off this Ano Novo I wanted to talk about the end ;) Well that it
is, enduring to the end! In 3 Nephi 15 verse 9 it says, "Behold, I am
the law, and the light. Look into me, and endure to the end, and ye
shall live; for unto him that endure to the end will I give eternal
life." Whatever work we may have or whatever goal we have set, we have
to endure at the beginning, endure through all the trials along the way,
and endure to the end. As we start a Nee Year with new goals and a new
mindset, I want you all to continue to endure! It may not be easy but
the reward is so so worth it :) Hannah Montana said it best, 'Life's a
climb, but the view is great' ;)
I
hope you all had the merriest of Christmas' and the best New Years! I
hope you got to watch the ball drop or watch some fireworks for me :) I
hope this year is so amazing for each of you and I can't believe that
I'll get to see you all again this year (!!) I love and miss you all!
Let me know if there's anything I can do for you :)
Oh! I also go back to having normal pdays so you'll hear from me again on Monday!
Beijos,
Sister Garcia
| 2022?! |
| Getting huge with the Book of Mormon |
| Giant District Council |
| Mr. Mix :) |
| Sister Bradbeer |
| Feliz Natal! |