Week 52 Email: The One With A Frog

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, January 10, 2022
Subject: The One With A Frog

Bom dia pessoal! 
Como voces estão? I hope you all had a great week and that you're still going strong with your New Years Resolutions;) This week went by quicker than I even want to admit but it was so full of miracles I can't even begin to explain! Let's just get right into this :) 

- Sister Bradbeer and I made brigadero! She's never made it before so I of course had to show her! They didn't turn out half bad but for a first time it was good :) 
- Our sweet members gave us so much fruit this week! I have a new found love for mango :) Manga here is 100% better too, sorry! We also got this fruit called Jambo! It's hard to describe but it's good just trust me! 
- I learned this week that my workouts are really working (I'm telling you guys use the Book of Mormon for weights;) because I went to go make some suco and the blender broke. We're getting a new one though and I promise to not break it ;) 
- We had killer lessons this week! People are still getting sick here but that doesn't stop the work of the Lord! We were able to give some really amazing lessons through video call and phone calls. I'm super duper grateful for technology and that we can still feel the Spirit even if we aren't there in person :)
- We had a total miracle and started teaching this amazing couple! They're both so curious and open to learning more so hopefully all goes well! Not only that but they loved the fact that we knew some things about Las Vegas haha! They really want to live there one day :) 
- We saw an ENORMOUS frog while walking back from a lesson and it was honestly scary how big he was haha! Imagine Princess and the Frog but twice as big! 
- We had a super cool street contact with the kid named Leo and he seems super open to hearing about the church. It was a super cool testament that the Lord really does prepare his children :) 
- We had a youth in our ward be baptized on Sunday! He's super cute and calls us 'Tia' haha! It was such an amazing day for him and we even got to help with the food! Brazilians love to have festas and eat yummy food, so of course we had to help ;) It was such an amazing experience and I'm so happy and proud of him! 

Spiritual Thought 
I've been doing a lot of pondering on the word 'sacrifice' lately. In Gospel Topics it says, "To sacrifice is to give up something valuable or precious, often with the intent of accomplishing a greater purpose or goal. Sacrifice has always been a part of the gospel of Jesus Christ." Sacrifice has ALWAYS been apart of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Why is that? It's because one of our purposes is to become like the Savior, but we can't become like Him without doing things like Him. His sacrifice was ultimate and is infinite, ours doesn't have to be, it's much simpler for us. But is everything always a sacrifice? No! It's a PRIVILEGE to become like the Savior. Yes, it's so hard and some days things are easier but it's such a privilege to become like the Savior. When we start thinking that everything is this big grand sacrifice, we miss out on opportunities to grow, to learn, to learn on the Savior. This year I challenge all of you to really look at your sacrifices and start to view then as privileges you have to become like the Savior:) 

Thanks for reading another email from Sister Garcia! Huge shout out to all you guys who still read these haha! I hope you all have the best week this week and that you're all doing so good! Let me know if there's anything at all that I can do for you :) 
Amo vocês! 
Beijos! 

-Sister Garcia:) 

Fotos!
More fruta from our sweet members haha!
The district
Just some friends ;)
Just some friends ;)
The sky :)
Manga for days
Sister Garcia and Sister Bradbeer
Sister Bradbeers very first brigadero!


 


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom