Week 53 Email: The One With 526,600 Minutes

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, January 17, 2022
Subject: The One With 525,600 Minutes

Bom dia! 
Como vocês estão? I hope you're all doing amazing and that this week was a good one :) Also, before I get too far into this, I don't know what was happening with my email last week but I promise I'm not fubeca and I didnt break any rules haha! Hopefully this email gets to all of you this week!  This week was full of milestones and it absolutely flew by! Let's just get into this one :) 

- Sister Bradbeer hit one whole month here in Brasil! Woot woot! To celebrate she told she's really been missing salsa so I made some homemade salsa and tortilla chips! Call me chef Sister Garcia;) 
- We had such an amazing lesson with our new friend Lindenberg! It was such a testament that the Lord really does prepare His children, all we have to do is look 
- I've been eating a ton of fruit (thanks to our sweet members haha!) and one morning I literally just had a bowl full of manga and some other fruit I don't remember the name haha! But my love for fruits has 100% grown since being in Brasil 
- We had a yummy dinner with Irmã Renata as always and Sister Bradbeer was able to experience a night with Irmã Renata:) I love her and her sweet family! 
- I hit ONE WHOLE YEAR of being a missionary! How did that even happen?! I swear just yesterday I was in Utah doing the CTM. Huge shoutout to the OG district #portuguesébolo ;)
- We passed by the church one night this week and we met this super sweet older lady that told us she's been looking for the church ever since other missionaries stopped coming by her house. She was walking on the street and saw the church and then saw us! Milagres são reais :) 
- We went to our ward soccer game and I realized that I literally know absolutely nothing about soccer haha! It's all good though because Irmão Eric explained to me that it didn't matter but that he was winning ;) 
- We had the most AMAZING lesson with a new friend! Her name is Edinete and she's just amazing! :) Not only that but to get to her house in the pouring rain was such a fun adventure haha! My dress was only dripping a little ;) I also rode in my very first Brazilian taxi, what an experience to say the least haha! 
- Our new friend that found us at the church (read above haha!) came to church! She was so sweet and just like any older lady, she loves to talk haha! But she had the sweetest spirit and it was such a miracle she came :) 

Spiritual Thought 
Well I figured because I hit my one year mark (still a little shook about that one I won't lie) I figured I'd share some of my thoughts as I was reflecting this past week. Missions are hard. Missions have a ton of ups and downs. But the JOY! The memories! The Spirit! I have no words to describe what a mission is. I always heard people say that and I never understood what they meant, but now I do. The overwhelming love that I feel for the people I've met is only just a PIECE of what our Father in Heaven feels for each one of us. Let me just tell you, He loves you a whole lot :) We have a scripture here in Brasil that Presidente Nordfelt always talks about, 2 Nephi 25:26 "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." Jesus Christ is everything. He is the one that we turn to for comfort, for peace, for help, for joy. My testimony of my Savior has grown more than I ever thought it would. I encourage all of you to use this New Year to really come to know the Savior and to rejoice in Christ :) 

Congratulations if you made it this far haha! Sorry for the long email this week, a lot happened! ;) My mission has been nothing short of amazing and I'm so excited for these next 6 months :) Thank you all so so much for your love and support too! I seriously can't thank you all enough. I hope you all have a fantastic week! Let me know what I can do for you :) 

Amo vocês! 
Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 


Ps. If you get my reference in the subject line you get extra brownie points ;) 

Fotos!
- Professional chips and salsa 
- A HUGE avocado! 
- Sister Bradbeer 
- 1 Whole Year!! 
- Açaí to celebrate of course ;) 
- The view:) 
- Just a good reminder
Just a good reminder
The view:)
Açaí to celebrate of course ;)
1 Whole Year!!
Sister Bradbeer
A HUGE avocado!
Professional chips and salsa


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom