Week 54 Email: The One With A Clown

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, January 24, 2022
Subject: The One With A Clown

Bom dia pessoal! 
I hope you're all doing well and that this past week was a food one! This week here in Carpina was full of adventures and lots of laughs:) I'm just gonna get straight into this week! 

- We had our limpeza profunda again on Monday which is where we literally clean EVERYTHING in our apartment and it was a good time haha! Sister Bradbeer got to experience it for the first time so now she's basically a professional;)
- Sister Bradbeer and I helped one of our Irmã's with some things around her house this week and I've never washed so many dishes at one time in my whole life! It was so good to get to help her and serve her after she's helped us so much :) 
- We had transfers and I'm staying with Sister Bradbeer to finish up her training here in Carpina! :) I'm so excited to get to stay with her and to be staying in Carpina!
- We had a super good lesson with one of our friends and talked about the Book of Mormon! You guys, if you haven't read the Book of Mormon today yet here's your reminder to go and read it! 
- We had our weekly District Council but we had Presidente Tavares (presidency of the mission) with us and he gave such a good training about goal setting. In case you wondered, we should all have daily goals haha! 
- Sister Bradbeer and I had quite the adventure in Pauldalho to find one of our friends house haha! But it was such a tender mercy and we found a less active member! 
- On our adventure to Pauldalho we had a fun surprise guest on the bus... we met a clown that started doing magic tricks for us haha! 
- We had lunch with one of our favorite families in Pauldalho and one of the kids, Jeramine was singing music in English with us
- We had some really good lessons this week! I think that's why the weeks seem to be flying by! I'm super glad to be busy but I kind of want it all to slow down too ;) 
- Our homie, Willamis, came to church! He's seriously such a rockstar and I can't even begin to explain how open he is! It was so good to have him at church! We also had 2 other friends ar church so it was a huge miracle!
- Somehow I've been in Brasil for 4 months?! 

Spiritual Thought 
This past week I was reading in Alma 11 and a few verses really stood out to me. In verse 37 it says, "And I say unto you again that he cannot save them IN their sins; for I cannot deny his word, and he hath said that no unclean thing can inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore, how can ye be saved, except ye inherit the kingdom of heaven? Therefore, ye cannot be saved IN your sins." What does it mean to be in your sins though? To be IN your sins means that you aren't using the Atonement, you aren't willing to make that change and become better. The Lord is powerful but we all have agency! If we truly want to live with our Father in Heaven again we can't be living IN our sins. Use the Atonement! We can only be saved FROM our sins, not IN them:) The Atonement is one of the greatest gifts that we have access too! 

I hope you all have a great week this week and that you all find something fun to do :) Let me know if there's anything that I can do for you! 
Amo vocês! 
Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 

Fotos!
Bolo de mandioca!
Sister Bradbeer loves the bus station so we finally got a picture haha!
Bus cards that represent having 1 year on the mission and 2 months ;)
Pauldalho
Irmã Neide and her sweet family
Call with all the Sisters!


Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom