Week 55 Email: The One With A Dog
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, January 31, 2022
Subject: The One With A Dog
Ola pessoal!
Como vocês estão? I
hope you're all doing well! Sorry for the later email this week, we have
a lot to do this week for pday and I didnt have a ton of time to prep
this email in advance :) This week went by super quick and it seems like
a blur haha! Let's just get into this!
- Sister Bradbeer really wanted to try some milho (corn) that is sold everywhere here so of course I took her on pday ;)
-
We had such amazing lessons this week with our friend Willamis! He's
going really well and seriously blows us away every single time we meet
with him! If you could send him some prayers that would be rad ;)
-
One night this week Sister Bradbeer yelled for me to come in the
bathroom because she needed help.... when I got there I realized it was
because she had a SCORPION in her shower and didn't know what to do! I
just kinda went for it and now I can say that I've killed a scorpion
haha!
- We had the Sisters stay with us again woot
woot! It was also the same day that Sister Bradbeer hit her 3 months as
a missionary soooo we celebrated with açaí of course ;)
- Sister Bradbeer also tried her first pudim and it was a success ;)
-
We had exchanges this week and I got to go to Camaragibe with Sister
Martins! It was super good and we got to teach this kid that's preparing
for baptism! We also had a yummy ball of cake haha! Brazilians have the
best treats :)
- We had friends at church too!
The Lord has really just been blessing us lately :) We also got some
avocados from our sweet members
- We found a dog
outside by our shoes! We didnt know what to do with her so we took her
to church with us and one of our members took her home :) She even named
her Sister ;)
Spiritual Thought
This
week I was studying about the plan that the Lord has for all of us and
how amazing it is that for every single person, the Lord has something
different planned. There's a scripture in Alma that's says, "And there
was not a wicked man slain among them; but there were more than a
thousand brought to the knowledge of the truth; thus we see that the
Lord worketh in many ways to the salvation of his people." The Lord
works in MANY ways for the salvation of His people. We may not
understand why things happen and we may not get the big picture, but we
can trust that the Lord has His divine plan for each of us :)
Sorry
again for the late email, I promise I'm alive haha! I hope you all have
a great week this week! Shoot me an email or let me know what I can do
for you :)
Amo vocês!
Beijos,
Sister Garcia