Email from Mom: Saturday, February 19, 2022
From: Mom
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, February 19, 2022
Subject: Happy Saturday
Hey! How are you? How was your week and the double
exchanges that took place? Was it as tricky as you thought it would be
with having to be the one who lead that? I am sure the Sisters you were
paired up with absolutely loved the time with you and will be able to
look back on that experience and become better missionaries because of
it. I am so proud of you for constantly proving that you can do hard or
uncomfortable things. How are things in general? All around? You feeling
a little more settled and 'in the groove' of things?
Things
here were just fine. Valentines Day came and went and I am glad. I hate
that there has to be a holiday on a calendar to remind people to tell
those that they love that they love them. I wish people would just that
as often as possible instead. We didn't do anything really Monday but
just kind of hang out. Tuesday Brooklyn decided to stay home. Not
because she wanted to hang out with me but because she did the work and
was going to get to go to the movie theatre during the day but none of
her friends did. :/ So...she avoided it all together and stayed home. I
wish it was because she wanted anything to do with me but I am learning
more each day that all she is is annoyed that I exist. She found a
couple of cute things at the mall and at Tilly's and then wanted KFC for
dinner. Tyler talked her into the Olive Garden but it was like a 40
minute wait and she was going to have none of that. By this time she
decided Taco Bell sounded good so we all had that for her birthday
dinner. No cake or ice cream because she didn't want it so overall...a
quiet birthday for her.
I talked with
Bronwyn via a text or two on Thursday. She didn't have her phone yet so
it was just on Kim's phone but it was fun to welcome her home. We have
Stake Conference this weekend so her homecoming talk will be the 27th. I
am excited to see her.
I went and got my
hair cut on Friday and I am almost okay with it. I had various lengths
growing out in all sorts of weirdness so it is short again. But I guess
going into Summer it is fine. It will always grow back. I just hope on a
more normal basis all around instead of longer on one side or in the
back left quadrant. :/ B had some friends gathered to go to Classic for
her birthday on Friday night so we shuffled them there and back and then
they hung here to hang out, have cake (because I guess if its friends
cake it is ok but not with parents), and then play on the game console
thing that we bought for the cabin. But actually we bought another one
for our house too because well...it's fun and I like to play Frogger on
it and it is something that Brooklyn will actually do with us so we try
to take advantage of it where and when we can.
Today
I got up and ran Tyler downtown for a minute and then home to take care
of bathrooms. I hit the basement one and discovered that your hair is
still clogging the drain in the shower so I will need to get the drain
cleaner and get that done but the rest of it is all clean. I got the
mudroom and my bathroom done too and now onto some laundry. I have some
cookies I have been working on that I need to get packaged up and then
delivered to those I have plans for. They turned out pretty cute. Just
some small berry baskets with a 'thank you Berry much' tag to go on
them. Brooklyn is angry and hanging upstairs. She hates that any kind of
responsibility is put on her to take care of. Things like turning off
lights and locking doors behind her friends when they leave for the
night. Things like cleaning up the mess your friends made when they were
here. Just growing up stuff. But it makes it so she is mad and Tyler is
mad and I am stuck in the middle. It is a constant game around here
most days and I am getting tired of playing it to be honest. I hope
somewhere something gives and we can all somehow figure out how to get
along. Fingers crossed.
Tyler and I booked a
birthday trip to Cabo. Mexico scares me some but everyone who is going
right now swears it is perfect and everyone we talk to loves Cabo so
hopefully it will be worth it. I am glad that time zone wise nothing
will change when it comes to talking to you and Christian while we are
gone. It is crazy that they are on the same time zone as me here at home
but I will take it! The weather today is absolutely beautiful. 50' and
the sun is shining! We are set for some snow this next week so I am
relishing in all the Springtime goodness right now that I can get. I
figure if I can get through a birthday trip then Spring really is here
and we can start thinking of the pool being open, the temperatures
climbing, and just overall happy back in life.
The
whole world with Covid right now is finally starting to slow. The
Democratic party is starting to panic with poll numbers and how many
Democrats are leaving their support at the door and moving on because of
how they have handled the whole pandemic thing. They are talking now
about how in the coming weeks we will see changes and realize that this
will be a seasonal virus we treat as it comes up but that we need to
move forward with life and get back to normal. They are hoping with
elections starting back up in November that they will be able to get
some of their party followers back on board with them for voting
reasons. It is a mess but I am sure hoping that things like masks on
planes, in federal buildings, etc will just go away and we can put this
all behind us for reals. Everyone is pretty tired of it. Here locally
our leaders have said we are done all around. Respect those who choose
to wear a mask but lets move on and get back to who we were before it
all started. The church has said the same thing. We still have masks in
the temple but only because the majority of temple workers are elderly
so it is apparently to protect them. I pray for the day they are gone
inside there too.
Other than any of that,
it has been another week here and another week for you too. :) I wish I
could get through to Brooklyn and have it so she isn't just angry all
the time or ticked that she exists in this house with us. I wish that I
could change some things that Christian has going on and I wish that
this would be my last weekly check up email with you! Ha!! How's that
for you? :) In all reality, I am not ready for you to be home. I know
that the Lord needs you to keep doing His work and He needs you right
where you are. I know the people in the area you are in and the Sisters
you have watch over now need you too. And if I am honest with myself, I
know you need to be there for you too. To finish strong and to lay the
groundwork for those who will follow your lead for many posterities to
come. I cannot simply think of anything better right now for you and
where you are.
I love you. Keep doing you
and keep up the good work. I have you in my thoughts and prayers always.
I wonder as I go through my day what it is you might be doing at the
same time. I wonder if you are happy and loving the moments or if there
are times of trial that I can somehow help. I admire the heck out of you
and still pinch myself regularly that I get to be YOUR Mom. Have the
best rest of your weekend and have the best Sunday tomorrow.
I love you for forever and for always. To the moon and back,
Mom