Email from Mom: Saturday, February 5, 2022

From: Mom!
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, February 5, 2022
Subject: Hey! Happy Saturday

Hey! Happiest of Saturday to you. I pray it was a good day and that Willamis (spelling?) was able to have his special day? I am always so apprehensive to even ask...

How are YOU? This last week with a phone call in Hawaii I feel like I missed out on some time with you and with Christian too. I have been thinking about your situation with time management in a companion as well. I wonder how this week has looked with that? Did you find an open door to maybe have a discussion with Sister Bradbeer? I admire that you value this quality and I admire that you can see where it would benefit a missionary but also an adult as well.

Hawaii was good. I was glad that by the end of the week Brooklyn seemed much happier. Maybe because she was looking forward to being home but she seemed in better spirits than when we left. We went whale watching which we have never done on this island before and let me just say that the whales were WAY closer in Kauai than they were in Maui. Like you could feel the moisture from them spouting because they were literally right there. We also had some dolphins join us. They swam at the helm of the boat and we just kept right on moving. A couple of them jumped and did their spinning thing right in front of us which was totally rad. We even saw a baby dolphin with its Mom. B loved that one a lot. She got a pretty good headache so she didn't come down to the front of the boat with us when the dolphins were right there but she was able to see them from where she was sitting. I am glad we did that though, nice to know that we can see whales better here than Maui. :)

Our travel day yesterday was the reminder that as much as I love the sunshine and beach, I don't know that the sheer amount of time it takes to get there really is worth it! We left Kauai at 8:25am (so we left for the airport at 6am) and got home to our house at just about 11pm. Longest day ever. And my tailbone was so sick of sitting! I could not wait to get into my own bed, have my own pillows, and just lay down to give my butt a break! I am getting old. :)

Today has been cleaning and laundry. We soaked nails off for B and then did a honey, oil, and egg mask on her hair. She didn't do anything all week with it in Kauai but as soon as we got to Utah her hair literally starting frizzing up in the airport. SO LAME! So...hair repair for her while she soaked nails. I spent some time organizing some cookie stuff, cleaning the kitchen, and just trying to get back to normal again. Tyler sold the big heavy workout machine in the basement today and is working on getting some painting done now that the sheetrock repair has been taken care of. I need to hit the grocery still today, drop a Relief Society birthday gift to Judy Imlay, and B is looking forward to hanging out with Kynlee after she gets home from her volleyball tournament later this evening. Pretty much the low key kind of day I needed after the week of being gone and then the day of travel that it takes to just get us home!

This next week is not overly full which I am sure excited about. Brooklyn has her booster Covid shot tomorrow so we will do Sacrament and then head to the Walgreens. I have my new Lululemon mirror being delivered on Monday afternoon/early evening and I also need to go to the vet to pick up a memento I ordered of Charli. Not gunna lie...when they called this last week to tell me it was in I broke down. I tried hard not to but I couldn't hold it in. My heart misses that little thing so much! Like so much. We were driving home last night and I started to cry just thinking that this is the first trip we have gone on that she won't be home waiting for us with her tail wagging. Ugh...anyways...I have a meeting with the new teachers we called for Relief Society on Wednesday night. Just a quick get it calendared of who is teaching when but it will be nice to have them there and accounted for. Friday was supposed to be a flex Friday at school but instead they have changed it to a Mental Health Day. Initially I thought it was lame but then I have processed the last two weeks with B and I am 100% fully all in on this! She will spend some time this week making up tests and what not but Friday will be nice to not have to worry about anything. We are going to the cabin  Friday to Sunday with the Millers to do a post/pre birthday celebration. Akaela has a birthday tomorrow (6th), Kynlee on the 9th, and then B so we will just celebrate them and have cake and get away to do something different. Brooklyn seems really actually excited about it so that helps too.

Other than that, I am just looking forward to getting back to normal and routine. School for B, regular days here for us. Normal times that you are ahead of us and even the treadmill looks inviting and my hamstring isn't killing me anymore so looking forward to getting back to it again. I hope that you have had a great week and that your weekend has been good. I hope your Sunday is wonderful and that you aren't busy trying to rehome a puppy. But holy cow...cutest puppy. <3 I hope that there will be time to catch up on Monday. I sure love you. I miss you and am so dang proud of you. My countdown today says 150 days left is all. They will fly by so I hope and pray with each passing day you are able to see the reasons you are where you are and also that you can feel the love from home but more importantly from your Heavenly Father. I cannot even begin to imagine how incredibly happy and proud He is of all the things you do day in and day out. I get all teary eyed just thinking about it!

I love you more than you will know. Ever. For forever and for always
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom