Email from Mom: Sunday, February 26, 2022

To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Sunday, February 26, 2022
Subject: That's a wrap!

Happy Saturday evening from a super cold and winter crappy weather home. 🥶our temperatures this week have seriously never gotten any warmer than 31’. And let’s not even talk about temps at night! I need summertime!!

How are you? How was your week? Was the exchange you had this week a little more familiar and easier now that you know what to expect? Are they a nice change? I wonder if just getting away from your companion would be good? Even if you guys just got paired and haven’t hung much..I just always wondered that when it comes to the exchange part of a mission.

Our week was good. B had her dermatologist appointment and we are just past the 1/2 way mark with that. She is really feeling good about where she is and how her skin is looking. She has some pockets under her skin on her cheeks that may have to be surgically removed at the end but other than that…another successful accutane patient. ☺️

Tyer had the dentist this week. Turns out that he not only chipped the one tooth he went in for but he also chipped the one next to it too. Rodney really wants him to do braces or Invisalign to help line his teeth up better so we can try to avoid this in the future but he doesn’t seem interested in them so I won’t push it. I feel bad he has to have 2 more teeth done though.

Brooklyn also had an Ortho appointment for some gum contouring. Mostly it is just that they laser burn her gums off the teeth so she never has a gummy Gwen or Saunie Schexnayder gummy smile. They numbed her, or so they thought, and went to it. She found out that she wasn’t quite as numb as they hoped but instead of waiting to get more numbing done she powered through it. 😳she is a rockstar and man her teeth look so good. Her gums were pretty gross with the dried blood around the edges and then today she had like this weird white film of stuff but it has fallen off as she has gone about her day. She can’t really eat much of what she likes (fries, chicken sandwiches, etc) because just mostly soft and squishy food is what they want for the first 5 days. We have improvised and she is eating a lot of Fruity Pebbles cereal. It was fun to run into Brynlee too. You could tell she was uncomfortable enough talking to us. It was kinda funny. She just wasn’t sure how to be. We talked a little about her proposal, she showed me new wedding venue, she was going dress shopping that afternoon, and then she promised she’d get me color swatches so we can get a dress for you ordered. She isn’t doing matchy ones but rather one that you like and will wear again. Anyways…I asked if she has gotten anything from you and she said a letter. Ugh. I tracked the Alex and Ani package and it still is ‘in transit’ so I will call on Monday to see what the heck. I’m sorry

Tomorrow is Bronwyn’s homecoming. I am excited to see her and hear all about her mission. I am so thrilled to see that missionaries really do come home! 💗And then it will be March. I cannot believe how quick time keeps going. We fly to Mexico soon and I am not ready at all! Looking forward to sunshine and warm though for sure.

Anyways, it’s been a good week here and we have all survived this cold and crummy weather. I call it a win! I miss you and boy oh boy do I love you. I hope time allows for a catch up on Monday. I hope tomorrow is a great day at church and that you can find a lily moment in the day.

I love you for forever and for always. To the moon and back!
Mom 🤟🏻

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom