Week 56 Email: The One With Willamis
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, February 7, 2022
Subject: The One With Willamis
Bom dia! Tudo bem?
I hope you all
had an amazing week and that you did something fun :) This week was just
too good and full of so many reminders of just how good God truly is!
Never forget that God is ALWAYS good:) This week was go,go,go and Sister
Bradbeer and I really got to working on our chaco tan lines haha!
Here's this weeks highlights! :)
-
We had Zone Pday and one of the Brazilian Elders told me that I'm
basically Brazilian so I can now die peacefully knowing that haha!
- We had a HUGE bug fly into our apartment during comp study so of course I got to play exterminator again ;)
-
I cut my hand on an ice cube this week and now I have a mark in the
middle of my palm. I guess that's what I get for trying to get a big ice
cube to fit in my water bottle!
- We finally had a
lesson with our friend Ewandreia! She's literally the sweetest and
loves hearing from us :) She could use some prayers if you have any to
spare!
- We had some amazing sunsets and sherbet skies here in Carpina! God is too good:)
-
While we were doing some street contacts we found a churro truck!
They're on every corner in the praça so we decided to try it and let me
tell you, they're better than Disneyland churros
-
As a Zone we contacted 444 referrals! We have this project going on in
the mission and we've been calling and messaging people like crazy!
-
We had such tender mercies and rad miracles while walking on the
streets this week! We ended up helping a lady carry her groceries to her
house and we found out that she had contact with missionaries in the
past! We got to talking and hopefully we can keep in touch:)
-
Now for the subject line.... Willamis was baptized! Woot woot!! He
truly had such a heart of gold and the Gospel of Jesus Christ has
changed his life :) It was such a special day and one to remember for a
lifetime!
- Speaking of Willamis' baptism, Sister
Bradbeer and I made a cake and a million brigaderos but then we realized
it was fast Sunday... we made all these treats and couldn't even eat
them!
- Sunday was just a good day:) That's all haha! Sundays are so special and I hope that you all love sundays like I do :)
-
We got a call today, that's that's this is later haha! That I'm being
transferred from Carpina to another area closer to Recife! I'm going to
be an STL and in charge of some media work! I'm super sad to be leaving
but I'm excited for this new adventure
Spiritual Thought
This
week I've been studying a lot about humility. We can always be more
humble (and kind;) but when we are truly humble the Lord will bless us
kore than we can even imagine. What does it mean to be humble though?
Being humble is FULLY submitting to the plan that the Lord has. For
Willamis, he was humble enough to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ. For
Sister Bradbeer, she's humble enough to take all my advice as a trainer
haha! For me, being humble is the only way I can do this great work.
For all of you humility might mean something different, but I encourage
all of you to search for how you can be more humble and submit your
heart and soul to the Lord :)
Thanks
for reading yet another email :) You guys are all amazing and I love
hearing from all of you! Shoot me an email and I'll I'll my best to get
back to you :) I hope you all have the best week! Let me know what I can
do for you :)
Amo vocês!
Beijos,
Sister Garcia
Fotos!
- Os Ceus :)
- Zone pday!
- My battle wound from an ice cube
- Mr. Mix
- Willamis at his baptism!







