Week 57 Email: The One With Recife

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, February 14, 2022
Subject: The One With Recife

Bom dia bom dia! 
Como vocês estão? This week was a whirlwind and full of so many adventures. Last week I mentioned that I was being transferred! Basically we had a few adjustments in the mission and I'm now in Torreão with Sister Scioli! It was super hard to leave Carpina on such short notice but like I said last week, humility is a huge factor and I just have to trust :) 

- I had to say goodbye to sweet Sister Bradbeer :( but she's staying with the other sisters in Limoerio so I know she's being taken care of :) Saying goodbyes never get easier though 
- I got to my new area with my new companion! My new area is Torreão and it's closer to Recife so it's totally different from Carpina! I think I've seen more cars here in the past few days than I ever did in Carpina 
- I've also become and STL this week haha! Not only do I get to serve some amazing sisters but I get to be in charge of a huge media project here in the mission. My MBM skills are really being put to work!
- We had interviews with Presidente Nordfelt this week and I love getting to talk to him! I also love getting his insights on everything, so if you have any cool studies or something to share shoot me an email! I'd love to hear it :) 
- I had my first DC here in Torreão and I'm in an all Elder district again buttttttt one of the Elders made brownies so that was kinda fun haha! 
- Sister Scioli and I decided that we need to learn something together to finish off the transfer so if you have any good ideas I'd love to hear them :) 
- I got to meet so many amazing members on Sunday and they seriously love the missionaries here! Not only that but we share a ward with the Assistants so that was a weird adjustment haha! 
- I somehow hit 13 months on the mission?? 

Spiritual Thought 
We're reading the Book of Mormon as a mission and it's been so eye opening and cool to see just how 'different' scriptures look depending on the circumstances. In Alma 37, Alma is talking to his son, Helaman about the importance of the scriptures. In verse 9 it says, "Yea, I say unto you, were it not for these things that these records do contain, which are on these plates, Ammon and his brethren could not have convinced so many thousands of the Lamanites of the incorrect tradition of their fathers; yea, these records and their words brought them unto repentance; that is, they brought them to the knowledge of the Lord their God, and to rejoice in Jesus Christ their Redeemer." If it weren't for the scriptures we would have nothing. We wouldn't know who Jesus Christ truly is. How amazing and what a blessing it is to have scriptures:) 

Thanks for reading yet another email from Sister Garcia! You guys are the best and I hope you all have an amazing week! Oh and Happy Valentines day! 
Amo vocês! 
Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 

Fotos! (I don't have much this week... sorry!)
Sister Scioli :)
The new view
Sister Canha and Sister Scioli


Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom