Week 58 Email: The One With Zone Conference

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, February 21, 2022
Subject: The One With Zone Conference

Oiiiiiii! Bom dia! 
I hope you're all doing good and that your Valentine's Day was a good one :) Hopefully you got to eat some chocolate too ;) This week I got to have my first exchanges, gave my first Zone Training, and I had my first açaí here in Torreão;) Let's just get into this! 

- Tuesday I had my first exchange as an STL! I got to go to Vasco and stay with Sister Jones. Fun fact: Sister Jones was in the CTM with me just in the other district! 
- I got to eat subway for lunch this week! We have a subway in our area so we decided to go and it's been a while since I've had subway haha! I think I've already said it, but subway here is different, but in a good way ;) 
- Speaking of food, we spent a fat minute this week trying to find a good açaí place in Torreão. I have to keep my açaí addiction alive and Sister Scioli loves açaí too ;) 
- Thursday we had Zone Conference! It was a little weird because it's a new Zone so I don't know too many people but I did get to give my first training as an STL. It was a little nerve wracking but I think it went good :) 
- We had exchanges with the Sisters in Casa Forte this week too! This time I got to stay in Torreão with Sister Lima! She's the cutest and we had some good times :) We even had a butterfly come into our apartment haha! 
- Sister Scioli and I really grinded and contacted so so many referrals, may have gone crazy doing it but it was worth it :) 
- The capela had some problems with the power so we had church at the stake center this week! The fun thing is that the stake center is also the mission office so it kind of felt like I was in trouble going to the mission office haha! 
- We had lunch with a member this week and they recently got a new puppy! He's the cutest and we had a good time playing with him :) 

Spiritual Thought 
This weeks spiritual thought is brought to you by my favorite, Sister Nordfelt:) This week in Zone Conference we talked a lot about making cookies and how it applies to the gospel and our lives. I know it's kind of a famous analogy but just hear me out. One thing that she said that really stuck out to me is, 'clean as you go' We have the amazing gift of the Atonement! Just like we wash our hands various times while making cookies and we clean up as we go, we have the Atonement to keep us clean throughout our lives. We never want to have dirty hands in front of the Lord (or while making cookies;) so we need to use the Atonement! 

You made it through another email woot woot!! I hope you all know how grateful I am for each of you :) You guys are the best! I hope you have the best week! Let me know what I can do for you :) 
Amo vocês! 
Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 

Fotos!
Sister Jones and our burgers haha!
The cutest puppy friend :)
Sister Lima and our açaí
Zone Conference


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom