Week 59 Email: The One With FSY

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, February 28, 2022
Subject: The One With FSY

Bom dia pessoal! 
Como vocês estão? I hope you're all having a great Monday and enjoying the last moments of February! I can't believe how fast this year is already going by. Make sure you guys are soaking it all up :) This week we had lots of laughs and fun phone calls haha! Here's the highlights! 

- I made some cookies for Sister Scioli this week! She told me that out of all the cookies she's had that mine were the best. I can die happy now knowing that she likes them that much haha!
- We had more exchanges this week! I got to stay here in Torreão with Sister Isaba! She's from Venezuela and her accent is so pretty :) She also doesn't like açaí so I got to feed my ice cream addiction instead and we ate sorvete ;) 
- Sister Scioli and I found some pretty rad portuguese music playing on the streets haha! I found out that I understand more than I thought and that music in português is super funny haha!  
- We had a huge miracle and our bathroom that was broken is now fully functioning and had no problems haha! God is good people :)
- We 'celebrated' Carnival with a mini dance party to church approved music haha! Carnival season is starting but because of COVID people are only having parties in their houses. Sister Scioli and I decided that we would join them so we had a little party ;) 
- Sister Scioli and I got to participate in FSY (EFY in the states;) We got to call in and do a little question and answer session! It was actually so fun and the youth in the stake are so fun! 
- We had one last call with the sisters before transfers! Still don't have any news as transfers goes but I'll make sure to include it next week :) 

Spiritual Thought 
This week I reread a few talks from this past General Conference! I read one from Elder Ciro Schmeil from the 70 and he talked a lot about becoming better disciples of Jesus Christ. He said, "To become a better follower of the Savior Jesus Christ is a lifelong journey, and we are all in different stages, moving at a different pace." Isn't that the truth! To become something better doesn't just happen overnight, it takes time and patience. President Nelson challenged us this year to be more patient with others, as hard as it may be ;) You never know where someone is on their journey to become a better disciple of Jesus Christ, so be patient with them and with yourself:) Great things are coming! 

That's all I have for this week! We're currently waiting for transfer news so I'll keep you all updated if anything changes next week :) Thank you for all your love and support! Feel free to send me an email and I'll try my best to respond today :) I hope you all have the best week! Let me know what I can do for you! 
Amo vocês! 
Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 

Fotos!
Last call with the Sisters :)
FSY!
Bob's!
Elevator pics
Sorvete with Sister Isaba:)


Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom