Double Digits: Monday, March 28, 2022
I have had a countdown going for the entire duration of your mission. It started out with a LOT of numbers to go. I remember when I was looking at my phone one day and showed Tyler that you had 18 more days until you would be in the 100's. Yes, 199 days is what I was looking forward to.
Fast forward and here we are on March 28, 2022 and you are officially only 99 days out from returning home from this valiant mission of yours. Double digits!! Holy cow. I have watched each day as my number has gone lower and lower and as I woke up today I couldn't help but grin. :) I have to compose myself because I don't want to distract you from being a missionary and finishing strong but holy cow is my heart happy that we are here and that this small number is all we have left to go to the finish line!
I wonder if this has flown by for you. I wonder if you have ever questioned your decision to serve. I wonder if you look at the time in Boston and can finally see the reason you were sent there first. (Even though man alive you were upset! :) ) I wonder what lessons you have learned along the way that have been key and will continue to impact and influence your life moving forward. I wonder where you feel like your testimony has been strengthened the very most. I wonder if you can see the growth that I can see when you look in the mirror. I wonder if you know how much I truly love you and how incredibly proud I am of you.
Sister Garcia, holy cow do I love you and man alive am I so grateful to get to be known as your Mom. You are an incredible young lady and you are growing into an absolutely astonishing adult. You have been a missionary for the books. Your work over these past months will continue to bless those you have met, those you have taught, and those you have left your sweet spirit with. Posterities into the eternities will forever be grateful for your simple choice to serve the Lord.
99 days left until I get my hug that my arms ache for. I can wait...sorta. :) Keep doing all the great you do. Know I love you for forever and for always. To the moon and back!
Mom
