Email from Mom: Saturday, March 19, 2022
From: Mom
Date: Saturday, March 19, 2022
Subject: Lightning Fast
Happy Saturday to you! How are you? How did the rest of your week
go? How were your IN PERSON interviews this week? Were you able to ask
all the questions you wanted to and did President Nordfelt give you any
good insight on them? I am anxious to hear all about this. I am so glad
they were in person too!
Let's get this
right out...I was on the Instagram. Shayla is home?! Holy cow...I forgot
100% that she was on a mission so to say I was shocked would be an
understatement. And I didn't realize that she left that much earlier
than you. But let's be honest, I forgot she was out so I clearly didn't
even pay attention to when she left, etc. But wow...she is home!
I
love love loved getting to see Brynlee. I wasn't sure if she would stay
and visit when she stopped by to check your dress color but she did and
it was so fun. She seriously stayed for almost 3 hours! Living at her
Grandma's is not good. Like gross not good. She says she does her
laundry and still has to fabric refresh with Febreeze throughout the
week before she puts on clothes because the house is so dirty that it
just smells bad. Her Grandma flooded her bedroom (and tried to say it
wasn't her but Brynlee found the hose in the window well and ran to turn
it off) and now there is black mold all over. She says she has seen
more than one mouse running in her bedroom and to top that off? She says
she kills many spiders a day! She has sticky traps out for them but she
still kills plenty more. She also said that one day she was drinking
out of her hydro and realized something was in her mouth?! It was a
freaking spider!!! She said she hasn't used that hydro since and bought a
new cup that she can see into to make sure that won't ever happen
again. Tyler told her (and he was 1000% serious) that she is welcome to
move into Christian's room and use the basement for herself until she
gets married. He told her she could park out where Christian did, use
the side gate, and the basement door. I hope she knows that she is
welcome here. I cannot imagine living in that kind of home!
She
also talked about Bryson. She is so funny. She just lights up when she
says his name. Like this goofy grin and you can tell she is just so
happy. Anyways, I guess he still has a 10pm curfew, if he is babysitting
(which I guess is happening a LOT) Brynlee isn't allowed to be at the
house with him. She can only be over there if his parents are there too.
She was all "He's freaking 20 years old!!" I could not believe it. They
were going to go look at apartments Friday night and she is so hoping
it will work out. She talked about her honeymoon and how they aren't
doing much because everything is so expensive. She was saying that they
are looking at maybe Park City but then Tyler interrupted her and told
her that he would be okay if they went up for the weekend they got
married to the cabin. She was caught off guard I think and said she
would talk to Bryson. Tyler told her that they should do that and then
ask for the week of Lake Powell off instead since they can't afford a
full week of a honeymoon anyways and come with us. She said she would
let me know. :) Tyler really likes both of them and I can just sense
that he wants to help out however he can. Even if it is just the cabin
you know?
Her wedding is coming along. She
said she is so stressed out all the time because her parents are in St
George and Bryson and his parents don't ever really say a word. She
found her dress and it is so pretty! Kind of slutty but I wouldn't have
expected anything else from Brynlee. I think you will agree when you see
it. :) She decided to not purchase her dress because 1. she wanted the
money for other things and 2. she didn't feel like it was worth it. I
loved that! So...she rented her dress for $500 and it is seriously so
pretty. She looks amazing in it. It was funny to listen to her talk in
the grown up world aspect. Money especially. You can tell she is
realizing how much life really does cost without your parents taking
care of 99.8% of it for you. She was saying that Bryson wanted to buy a
truck but after shopping and looking at price tags and what the payment
would be for an old truck not under warranty etc she was like "heck no!"
and she talked him into a Volkswagen Jetta instead. He wants a truck
still and I am sure one day they will have one but she is logical and
doesn't want to be paycheck to paycheck living. Just crazy to have a
conversation with her that is all very grown up you know? But she is
seriously so happy. You can just see her glowing and I love that for her
so much.
B and I went to the mall today.
Tyler bought me a new ring and a beautiful new necklace for my birthday
but my ring was too big so I had to take it in to get it sized. We
shopped a little and looked for some spots to go when you get home to
get new shorts if you need them - garment friendly ones of course. :) We
headed to Scheels because I wanted to look at a few pairs of shorts for
our trip to Hawaii in the next couple of weeks and B ended up with the
cutest new backpack for school too. Her one she got for Christmas needs
to be sewn because her water bottle weight broke the stitching. I
decided it was easier to just buy a new one today because I just don't
have it in me today to do sewing and this new one is super cute. It is a
Kanken one and two colors and just cute. I love it.
Tyler
and I did dinner with Robyn and Sean last night at the worst restaurant
EVER! It was a fish only (except for 2 dishes) restaurant, downtown,
and ridiculously expensive. I opted for a chicken dish and took like 8
bites. It was not good. The whole place reeked like fish and I was just
overall not at all impressed at all. So, tonight I am hoping that we can
do a re-do even if it is just the three of us or even if it is just the
two of us. And I am sure hoping for a lot cheaper too! So lame. But it
was fun to catch up with Robyn. I don't know much about Sean but from
last night, he and Tyler are the same. They could spend a lot of time
(and money) together doing the hunting/fishing/boy things. That makes me
happy. I wish I could find the perfect friend couple you know? Like the
Millers but with some extra income to go do for themselves and not be
so dang caught up in sports and always going with kids 24/7 so you can't
break free and go. That is a tall glass to find and trust you me, we
have been trying!
My week back home and my time
spent on my Mirror has been heaven. I seriously love that thing. It
kicked my butt (literally) on Wednesday but today I finally feel better.
My side glutes were in bad shape! Like sleeping I would roll over and
just start rubbing because it hurt to switch sides! I didn't even know I
was doing it but Tyler said he watched me a couple of times. It is a
fantastic workout in 30 minutes and I am addicted to say the least. :) I
burn more calories in 30 minutes doing my Mirror than I do on the
treadmill for a full hour. So lame. But I can't seem to take the
treadmill out of the equation. My brain just won't allow it. One day I
hope that changes and I can normalize maybe?
I
am going to attend Sarah Baker's homecoming talk tomorrow at her ward. I
will not be attending the taco lunch afterwards however. I will be
coming home to do our Relief Society visits. I don't want anything to do
with fake when it comes to family and siblings so I will go support and
then be done.
But all of this did get me
to thinking about you coming home. I know you had said that you don't
want anyone at the airport but the three of us, which is fine, but what
if we can arrange for you to be released earlier than later so that we
can host a bbq/pool night in the backyard the evening you are home for a
couple others? Do you think you will be too tired? Do you think you
would even be up for something like that? You could get released and
actually get in the pool if you wanted! Just some thoughts going on in
my head is all and depending on when you actually arrive to SLC maybe it
could even be a lunch in the backyard too? I don't know. Just lots of
thoughts. Speaking of, the whole Alaska cruise thing...I think it will
be just way too much real quick when you get home so we can just look at
that another time. Deal? I think it would be fun but it takes a lot of
Summer away and when I discussed it with Brooklyn...yeah she was pissed
that there wasn't going to be a whole lot of 'sister time' for just the
two of you before she will head back to school. :) To say she is excited
and counting down the days until you get home is well, pretty much
black and white. She is so so thrilled.
Anyways...I
don't want to take up all the space in your inbox so I will end this
here. I am so glad that I have a chance to 'connect' with you even if it
is just via email each week. I do not know how the Mom's did it before!
I would have literally died and begged you in letters to come home I
think. Being able to send an email and have a face to face call each
week makes my heart not ache like I imagine it would if those things
weren't an option. I am so proud of you Kaitlyn. You just make life
better by being in it. Your smile and countenance are contagious and I
love that I get to watch as others all around get to experience that
part of you. I hope you have had a great week and that you have been
able to see the lily moments that have been put in place just for you.
Have the best Sunday!
I love you to the moon and back,
Mom