Week 60 Email: The One With Rain

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, March 7, 2022
Subject: The One With Rain

Oiiiiiiiiii! 
Holy cow did this week absolutely fly by! I don't think I can afford to blink anymore on the mission:) 

- We finally got transfer news! Sister Scioli and I are staying together woot woot! I'm so excited to be staying here in Torreão and to get to continue serving and learning from Sister Scioli :) 
- We had such a killer lesson with one of our friends Maria Silva! She saw a Book of Mormon and wanted to know about it so she solicited our contact. How rad is that?! 
- We went to the bank this week to get our money out anw almost witnessed a fight haha! There were some very angry people inside the bank and all Sister Scioli wanted to do was get our MSF 
- We had a leadership meeting with Presidente Nordfelt and all the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders. It was such an amazing experience and I'm so excited for this upcoming transfer :) I also got to eat my first ever Habbis! Google it, it's pretty good ;) 
- We had a social media meeting with all the missions in Brasil and it was so cool to get to see other missions and how they all work
- We took some Book of Mormon's to some of our new friends this week woot woot! I also realized while we were walking to their houses that one of my most favorite things about Brasil is all the colors! :) 
- We had a good lesson with our friend Flavia this week too! If you could send some prayers her way that would be greatly appreciated :) 
- We had a TON of rain this past week and our power went out a few times haha! But with that being said, our fridge stopped working so Sister Scioli and I had to figure out what to do with our food because no one can come and fix it soon. But don't worry, we planned it all out so we aren't gonna eat until we get sick ;) 
- We had such a good day with social media referrals too! Normally people just hang up but we saw some real miracles and it makes it all worth it :) 

Spiritual Thought 
During my studies this week I stumbled across a post from Elder Renlund and it really hit me. I highly recommend going and looking at it if you have a minute :) He quotes Mormon 9:21 that says, "But as oft as they repented and sought forgiveness, with real intent, they were forgiven" He goes on to talk about how we need to practice what we preach! Because ot the Savior we have the opportunity to be forgiven, to be better every single day. But how often are we truly seeking that forgiveness with real intent? Make sure that you aren't casting stones at other when you yourself could have stones cast at you. 

Thanks for reading all this haha! And sorry for the later email, we had some things to resolve this morning and I didn't have a ton of time to get this sent. I hope you all have the best week! Let me know what I can do for you guys!
P.s I was trash at pictures this week, sorry!
Amo vocês! 
Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 


Fotos!
Our big meeting!
An elevator picture haha!


Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom