Week 61 Email: The One With Peanut Butter

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, March 14, 2022
Subject: The One With Peanut Butter

Oi gente! 
How are you guys! Do you guys know that General Conference is only like 19 days away?! This is your reminder to get a plan set for all the snacks you want to eat ;) Let's get I to this! 

- Pday was a run around day all around but Sister Scioli opened up a salon in our apartment and trimmed my hair :) You're welcome mom ;) 
- I got to help Sister Scioli with some medical stuff this week and it gave me some major saudades for working with medical things! 
- We had a super fun noite familiar with a family in our ward and a bunch of youth! Ut was so fun and these kids are so ready for missions :) 
- We had a killer lesson with our friend, Gideão! He's open to hearing about the Gospel and he's even reading the Book of Mormon! If you could send him some prayers that would be greatly appreciated 
- Sister Scioli and I gave a special training to our district and the district for the mission office! It went really good and I even got a special surprise, PEANUT BUTTER!! 
- Sister Scioli hit 16 months as a missionary this past week! How wild is that?! We celebrated with the HUGE thing of açaí and it was 100% worth it and we both were so full haha! 
- We started teaching this awesome family too! Sergio and Ana Paula could use some prayers too pretty please :) They're super busy but we have big faith that we'll be able to teach them! 
- We called this guy while working with our social media project and all he wanted to do was argue with us haha! It was pretty funny in the moment and it's funny now ;) 
- For those of you who would like a fridge update: we now have a fridge and it's so nice to have cold water again! 
- I somehow hit 14 months on the mission?? 

Spiritual Thought 
This week I was doing my reading of the Book of Mormon as always ;) and I got to the 2,000 stripling warriors! I'm not a huge fan of all the war chapters but I love this part! There was a verse in chapter 58 that really stuck out to me, "But, behold, it mattereth not—we trust God will deliver us, notwithstanding the weakness of our armies, yea, and deliver us out of the hands of our enemies." These young men gave everything they had to the Lord and they trusted in Him with everything they had. Why is it so hard for us to trust in the Lord like they did? Times are different that's for sure but trusting in the Lord has never changed. He is ALWAYS there! He always has a plan and He is always ready to receive us. So, TRUST HIM! Trust him like you trust your mom, your best friend, trust with everything you have. You won't loose anything, you will only gain :) 

That's a wrap for this week! Thank you for all your emails and messages, I really appreciate them :) shoot me an email and I'll try my best to respond! Have the best week! Let me know what I can do for you guys:) 
Amo vocês! 
Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 


Fotos!
I was very focused looking at the flowers
My love, Peanut Butter!! Thanks mom :))
So much açaí!
Missão Brasil Recife Norte:)
Sister Scioli...
Late night munchies Haha!


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom