Email from Mom: Saturday, April 16, 2022
From: MOM!
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, April 16, 2022
Subject: Happy Easter!
Hey!
Happy happy Easter to you from
home. How are you? How was your week? I still am so so happy that you
and Sister Scioli are staying together. Just the thought of it makes me
smile from ear to ear. How is she doing? Was she able to get a shot
finally?
Kauai was good for us. Being in
the sunshine, toes in the sand, and the ocean waves playing out in the
air is always a win if you ask me. Robyn and Sean were good. It was nice
to get to know them a little bit more. Robyn was a LOT. Like not even
kidding one bit. I am certain my inner ears are still bleeding. She
talked the ENTIRE time. Her mouth never stopped moving. And she knows
everything. She reminds me a lot of Rich Riddle. The biggest pet peeve
though is the sheer amount of baby talk. Seriously. She kept calling
Tyler (in baby talk voice) 'Ty Ty'. He was a total rockstar and never
lost his crap on her but by Monday we were both ready to break free and
have some time just the two of us. It never happened the whole trip but
boy did we look for any free minute. :/ I learned a lot, our patience
was tested for the both of us, and doses of Robyn and Sean will be in
smaller increments at a time and not 8 days and 7 nights.
I
think literally the entire world must be on Spring Break right now too.
The airport parking lot was so jammed. We had to be directed where to
park when we were leaving SLC, the airport in Hawaii was nuts, and the
beaches and restaurants were covered with humans everywhere! I could not
believe the sheer chaos of the Island. Tyler and I both made mental
notes to not ever do that kind of trip again during this time. Wowza.
Then when we got home last night it took us over an hour to get off the
plane, catch a shuttle to the parking lot, and get in the truck. All of
that is normally just like 30 minutes because we just do carry on's.
People everywhere.
Today has been low key.
It has been nice. I got up and got laundry done, went and found some
stuff for a basket (but not really because I guess I tossed those? So
it's a fabric tote instead :/ #momfail) for Brooklyn tomorrow, got a
scavenger hunt put together for her to find a basket/fabric tote with
some goodies in it (I got some new bathing suits that are not high
waisted and not tankinis for her and some graphic tees with of course a
new pair of Jordans), got some cookies drying for a celebration of life
that the Camara Manoels are hosting (long story...but whatever), and
even got a little bit of house cleaning done too. I have found a
beautiful arrangement on the piano of "Consider the Lily's" that I want
to see if I can master before your homecoming talk and then if you
wanted I would be happy to play that on that Sunday too. I wanted to
work on that a little bit today but I just haven't gotten to it. Maybe
tomorrow I will find some time. Would that be something that would
interest you at all? The best part of today has to be that I started my
day with getting my neck trimmed and removing the mullet I was working
on and the 30 minute sweat session on my Mirror! I missed it a lot. I am
definitely packing my yoga mat to Havasu this week so I can do a class
each morning. I cannot believe how much better I feel just having that
time to stretch and work muscles you know?
We
invited Uncle Brent to join us on the boat for Saturday. It sounded
like it would be just him and Sawyer since the other kids had stuff but
then he got hurt at work and is hoping to get stitches out on the 22nd
so maybe now he will just come for a boat ride? I don't know. We will
have to play that by ear. I am already a little anxious to do the whole
week with the two smallest Miller kids....I hope Jason and Akaela are
turned on with parenting so I don't have to be a butt hole...fingers
crossed. Please say a prayer for ALL of us.
I
had a huge fall out with Jaci Thornell and am currently working behind
the scenes with Tammy Alsup (Primary Pres) to have her go to Primary as
the pianist and a co-teacher. I need to find a new secretary for RS. It
just doesn't work to have someone who loves the gossip to be in any sort
of calling where you hear that stuff you know? Hoping to make that
change by first or mid part of May. Chris Colling and I are going to
butt heads with him as the EQ President too. My calling for the next
year is going to be challenging to say the least. I don't know honestly
how long I will be able to stay in there if things continue on the path
they are going. I told Tyler I may tell Rodney that I just want to be a
Mom and spend time with you when you get home and not have a calling
that takes me away from that. And I sure don't want to be made to feel
guilty because I am out of town either (again, a whole other story
there). Anyways, this week is good to get over and done with. :)
I
love you. I miss you and can't wait to have a call to you all by myself
without Robyn in it inserting herself and her agenda in all the things.
Love her but...you get it. I hope we have a chance to catch up on
Monday but if not, totally good. I just pray you know that I think of
you always and am here cheering you on in all the things. Keep being
you. Keep doing the good you do. Man alive do you make me so proud. I
love you for forever and for always.
To the moon and back,
Mom