Email from Mom: Saturday, April 2, 2022

From: Mom
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: April 2, 2022
Subject: Saturday

Happy conference Saturday to you! I woke up today with a smile on my heart knowing how happy you must be to have conference taking place. I have absolutely loved seeing and hearing your excitement towards this opportunity we have twice a year. Just the sheer anticipation of learning and hearing what it is that the Lord has in store for us as a church but also for us individually too.

How was your week? How did things go with your Covid booster and Sister Scioli’s cortisone shot? I’m hopeful that both of you are doing well and that you can put this week and both of those things behind you. ☺️

I have been a bit of an emotional mess today as I have listened to all the chatter of missions and missionaries. I truly didn’t think my heart could be anymore full or proud of the choice you have made to serve a mission but after today, I am overcome by just how proud I am. As I listened today to I don’t recall right now who, say that Sisters who choose to serve bring something very special and tender. I have witnessed that with you over the course of the time you have served. You have not only brought something to the people you’ve met in Boston but now in Brazil too. On top of that, what you’ve brought to those of us here at home and around us here has been countless eternal blessings that I will never take for granted. You have been an example of all things President Nelson has asked us to be in being a part of the literal gathering of Israel today. Thank you for your willingness to heed the promptings of the Lord and follow the impressions on your heart to choose to be a missionary. I know your life will forever be blessed because of this choice.

What kind of goodies did you choose for conference this time? Did you get some aรงaรญ? I’ve eaten way too many Cadbury eggs and need to stop now since I am calling myself out in an email. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Overall we have had a good week. B had a good week at school, she hung with some friends last night (Luke, Caleb, and Boston) and they decided to walk to the reservoir. Well..on the journey they ended up being followed by some teenagers so one of the kids (I think it was Caleb) called the cops. B had to give some info and then asked Tyler to come get them. It was an experience to say the least. Tyler has been working in the yard. He got the planters ready so we can put plants in them around the pool, we picked up stuff to clean and then seal the pavers (that is going to be a project I am not looking forward to), and he had the pool opened too so we could get the chemical moving around to hopefully fix the issue on the plaster. Fingers crossed. We leave next Thursday for Hawaii so the first part of this next week will be to gear up for that. Not too much has to be done but I just need to be sure I get all my boxes checked.

I sure love you and hope you have had a great week. I hope little moments have reminded you of home and you have felt my love for you. I hope you know and can feel the impact of your service for more than you can comprehend. I hope this weekend with conference you have been able to have questions answered, prayers heard, and impressions as how to move forward in all your efforts.

Keep up your good work. Keep that smile on your face. I love you to the moon and back. Forever and for always.

๐ŸคŸ๐ŸปMom

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom