Email from Mom: Saturday, April 23, 2022

From: Mom
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, April 23, 2022
Subject: Hello from Havasu

Happy Saturday. How are things? How has your week been? How did your exchanges go and even the dreaded social media? (I cringe even just typing the social media word just so you know) How is sweet Sister Scioli this week? Is your bathroom still fixed and working 100%? 🤞🏻Were you able to get a voice email off to Elder Rose? I’m sure it will be nice to have the same Pday again this week yeah?

We made it to Lake Havasu. I was dreading this trip because I didn’t love love the time we came before. I don’t know if it was because it was just as the world was shutting down with Covid or if it was just early enough that the weather wasn’t great or what but I didn’t love it and so coming back just wasn’t exciting for me. Brooklyn however could not wait for this trip and so I put my feelings aside and embraced happy so she stayed excited. It’s hard for us to find things that scream happy and excitement for her with you guys gone. We left on Tuesday and drove to Mesquite. We stayed at the casino and it was fine. Breaks up the 8.5 hour drive you know? Wednesday we got up and started the rest of the drive to Havasu. We had an issue with the boat trailer so Tyler found a boat shop that could get it in and taken care of quickly. We only had about an hour to linger (we went next door to the Wendy’s) which was sure nice. Once we got to Havasu we just took it easy. The vrbo that we rented is fine. The pool doesn’t have a vacuum built in so it was so freaking gross! Tyler went and bought some pool tools to try and clean it (he took it back) buy with no vacuum it was pointless. The pool guy showed up Thursday morning thankfully and did what he could. It’s been dirty and gross all week and weekend. :/ The Millers arrived Wednesday night and the sun was set to begin.

Thursday the pool guy showed up as we were getting ready to go to the lake. He informed us that this weekend is ‘Desert Storm’ weekend on the lake. There was a boat parade for the big speed boats on Friday and a race on Saturday for them too.  We thought cool and headed out. We got on the water and I was shocked to see some speed boats racing by with a helicopter hovering just above them flying and videoing them! It was so freaking cool and scary all at the same time. I guess a boat got up to like 160 miles an hour last year. That is so dang fast! And scary too! Brooklyn was first to surf. She couldn’t wait. And she nailed it. She even carved the wave which was fun, and all while wearing a new cowboy hat too. Kynlee went and got up, Boston gave it a good try but didn’t get it figured out until later when Jason got on a board with him, Jurni was promised ice cream (& the sheet size of Jurni says that she will never say no to ice cream) so she got out on the board with Jason (& almost drowned him!) and got up too. Dresden was forced…literally…into surfing. Jason was on the back swim deck holding the board and told Dresden to come stand by him to feel the water. Once he got there Jason grabbed the hook on the life jacket and drug him kicking and screaming (& trying to climb over the board while Jason is setting up to go), we tossed the rope to Jason and Tyler took off. Jason got him up and even though you could see a smile here and there, Dres was not happy about any of it! But…he got up and surfed and admitted later that he was so glad he did. Akaela doesn’t surf like I don’t so Tyler let me drive him for a couple of pulls and then we called it a day. We did go in for lunch to the little area we walked around last time (where the red phone booth thing is) and it was jam packed with people! Way busier than when we were here for sure. Covid doesn’t even exist anymore and it is very clear to say the least. 

Friday was 21’ colder than Thursday and it was windy. So, at 71’ we went and stood on the bridge and watched the parade of speed boats. I have never laughed so hard in my life! Try and picture the biggest white trash/redneck parade of million dollar boats filled with guys driving them who have clearly the smallest wieners ever and the skankiest girls riding in the boats with them on display. It was hilarious and awesome all at the same time. I couldn’t quit looking. It was a train wreck at every corner. Poor Jason Miller just kept laughing and saying that no matter how hard you tried you simply couldn’t describe what was happening in front of all of us. After the parade we came back to the house and just hung out. The kids played a little in the pool and a lot in the garage. There is a pool table and a ping pong table too. They had a speaker blasting and spent almost all day in there. I think the kids are having a blast.

Today is windy. More than yesterday but the sun is out. The plan was to take the boat out and let the kids do their thing and maybe watch some of the speed boat races. As everyone was getting ready to go, Tyler and I had a run in so they all left and I stayed back. I couldn’t bring myself to even want to be in his presence. Ugh. Akaela called and I ignored it. I don’t want to deal with any of it right now. Maybe an afternoon apart will be good for both of us. I spent some time in the sunshine by the pool and finished book 2 of my 4 book series and I’ve gotten packed up so we can leave in the morning. Tyler and Brooklyn showed up and she took off. I guess she started her period on the boat so Tyler brought her back and taken care of and then they left again to go do lunch with the Millers. I’m currently sitting in a chair watching a little tv before the baseball game will start. I’m anxious to get home. It feels like forever since I have been home for any kind of time. Maybe that is why I am on edge and was so easily set off with Tyler this morning? Going down Kauai to immediately coming here, sleeping in different beds, living out of bags, etc. It is all starting to wear on me. I’m pretty much done and looking forward to home. We are supposed to go to the cabin on Friday the 29th but I can’t. I need to get my feet resettled at home. This go go go has worn on me. I don’t know how you do every transfer and the possibility of ‘new’ on the other end. I am learning that I like home more than I know and I enjoy my own personal stuff more than I ever thought. One more reason to admire the sacrifice you continue to make day in and day out.

Anyways, one more week behind us. I cannot believe that April is just about done. This year has literally flown by so fast! I think B has like 28 days total left of school for the year. I know she is looking forward to it and counting down until she is done. Volleyball starts in May on Monday afternoons and I know she is super excited about that. I hope she can get it all figured out and that tryouts will be good for her. I love that she is as excited about it as she is.

I sure love and miss you. I hope you are able to embrace each day and live it to its fullest and love every second of where you are right now. I have you always on my heart and always in my prayers. I am so excited you get to be inside the temple this week! I seriously cannot love it enough that this opportunity is here again for you. Enjoy every minute you get inside those walls. 💞Remember I love you for forever and for always.

To the moon and back,
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom