Email Home: Monday, April 18, 2022

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, April 18, 2022
Subject: Feliz Pascoa!

Hello hello! How are you guys? How was Easter? You'll have to send me pictures so I can see the Easter gifts :) The weeks just go by quicker and quicker, I'll literally be home in no time... anywho! This week in Brasil...
Monday was quite the pday haha! We had our limpeza profunda to really kick off the day. It wasn't too terrible but I had the urge to clean out my suitcases and my closet area too. Also, I'm staying here in Torreão B woot woot! That made pday A LOT more chilled and relaxed haha! I'm so happy I was able to talk to you too! Thanks for always making it happen on pdays:)  It was Sister Scioli's 17 months too and when I asked what she wanted she said that she wanted McDonalds haha! We were able to get some before heading to the hospital so that was a bênção! As far as the afternoon goes, we spent it at the hospital haha! But Sister Scioli was able to get her injections and we were on our way. It was a long wait for something that took literally no time, kinda like a rollercoaster ;) Monday night was a little slower because we didn't have too many to contact for media stuff but it worked out because Sister Scioli was starting to feel her injections. It was kind of a long night but it all worked out in the end :)
Tuesday I had high Hope's that kinda got shot down but it just happens sometimes:) But I I somthoughts today, you'll have to remind me on Monday and I'll chat with ya ;) Anywho, Monday Sister Scioli got her knee injections and she was feeling it on Tuesday so our plans to get out on the street were shot down. But that's alright! I was able to send some messages to some people and clean our Area Book a little bit. We also called our sisters to say tchau because Wednesday was transfers. It was kind of a slower day though because we didn't get out buttttt we did have a tender mercy haha! Irmão Amon came to take one of our fridges! We've had 2 for like 3 weeks and now it feels so good to just have one in our tiny kitchen :) He also cut his hair and I was literally shook! He had long hair like to his shoulders and now it kinda looks like Christians. It was wild to see! Not only that but he was just as shocked to know that I'm in my last transfers. He was the first person I met when he took me and Sister Da Mata to Carpina. Time literally goes by so quick. Anywho, nothing too crazy for Tuesday night but we did have a call with the sweetest little old lady! Her name is Joana and shes the funniest 73 year old woman ever haha! We just found her so I'm hopeful she can progress :) That's really all for Tuesday haha!
Wednesday somehow I hit another month on the mission, not okay with that haha! I am but I'm not. It's literally all just going by so fast. And now I'm officially 12 weeks out (ish) so I'm just waiting for My Plan to come in to really make it all real. Vamos ver! Wednesday we were on media and thankfully Sister Scioli's knees were feeling better woot woot! Tender mercies ;) We also had a huge victory and were able to have lunch with Bispo and his wife. They're a little more reserved but after this lunch they were so much more open. They're actually so amazing and funny! It was a really good lunch and we even got some to go ;) When we got back we got into calling people. I won't lie, I was nervous going into that lunch but by the end of it I found a new love for them, even if they have cats ;) Anywho, nothing too wild recently with media stuff but we did have a bit of a ahhhh moment. Sister Scioli went to go plug the charger into the outlet while I was finishing up a lesson and she literally almost got shocked. It was wild and it took everything in me to just finish that call! When I hung up we had a little laugh and decided to not do that again haha! I think that was probably the most exciting thing that happened while making calls on Wednesday;) It seems like we don't do much but I promise that we do!
Thursday was quite the day haha! I would have never thought that so much could happen in one day but here we are :) Thuraday started off with such a good DC. I had to give a training and I decided to relate it to Easter but I had no idea that Sister Morais would talk about Easter too. It was such a good DC and the spirit was so strong. We did a really cool thing where we all looked into the middle of the room as if Christ was there and we needed to think of what we would say to Him. It was so good :) Not only that but after that Elder Cowley had made some amazing brownies to share! It was a good start to the day to say the least ;) When we got back we were eating lunch like normal but our phone was going off like crazy and we were so lost. Well when we opened our messages we learned that one of the Irmã's in our ward went missing. The whole world was talking at the same time and it was insane! It was seriously like a movie! Update: she was found and was only missing for 24 hours. We had that going on but we still had work to do. We tried to teach Carlos but his ex wife was there and was not letting anything happen. We ended up with just a contact but it was better than nothing. We were headed to another lesson when we got a call that said Irmão Amon was headed to our apartment to look at out bathroom. It was a tender mercy though because as we started walking our lesson fell through. Irmão Amon decided that our bathroom really is broken and that he doesn't know how to fix it. He said he would call some people but for now we still have a bucket catching water haha! We made some calls and had some really good lessons before getting ready to leave to go to the Pinos. I love the Pino's! It was Vivi's birthday and she invited us to dinner so we got all ready to go and celebrate mais ou menos;) We had some yummy pizza, which is so different by the way, and some cake. I love that family and it actually meant so much that she wanted us there to celebrate with her parents :)
Friday thankfully didn't have anyone missing so that was already a blessing! We did have a meeting with Elder Adam's to talk about technology and how we can be better this transfer. It was good and he said he was gonna move some things so I'm hopeful that'll help. Speaking of technology it was our day and boy did we have some plans. Elder Adam's was able to move some stuff and it made things so much easier :) It was a full day of calls but I learned that everything was shut down because of Easter and it's Holy Week. It was kind of a bust but we sure tried haha! We had to sit in the kitchen too to get wifi too but I'm grateful for any wifi we can get ;) It was so many contacts but it made the night go by faster. There wasn't too much to report as far as Friday, well Sister Sciloi almost got shocked because she didn't want to listen to me but she's all good so I guess that's what matters haha!
Saturday was another crazy day. This week just had a lot going on. Saturday we had to go to the capela early to get our lunch money but while we were there we had some members cleaning. We started to talk to Irmão Wellington and he explained the whole Irmã Flavia situation and man is it complicated. We made our way back to the apartment and I told Sister Scioli that all I wanted was to get an Ovo de Pascoa. We ended up stopping at a chocolate shop and I was so happy:) We had a slower afternoon but we sent some reminders for church so maybe it'll help! We also had a lesson with Flavia. We actually stopped teaching her a while ago just because shes not progressing. Well last Sunday she told us that she wanted to talk to us about her baptism, of course we marked a day and ran with it. Well it was nothing of the sort haha! When we got there she just told us that she has so many doubts and wanted us to address them. She started to talk about tithing and the prophet and just a whole bunch of other stuff. It ended up being a longer lesson that we planned but I hope it helped. I'm seriously at such a loss for our friends, I don't know what I'm lacking. We are some yummy cake at her house too but still didn't help the situation, Brazilians love cake just so you know haha! After Flavia, we booked it to Sergio's house but no one was home. Que chato! He told us we  would stop by and then he wasn'even there, it is what it is. We made our way back to our apartment and I realized that I had some blisters on my feet from my shoes too so I love that haha! We had a good lesson with a referencia from vindeacristo.org too! It was such a tender mercy! It was also Sister Scioli's moms birthday so she called and I cleaned up around the apartment, I think I have a slight OCD problem haha! It was a run around kind of day but it was good:)
Happy Easter! Sunday of course was Easter and man was it a good one :) It's crazy to think that last Easter I was finishing up my first transfer and getting ready to head to Pawtucket. Crazy! Sunday was just a good day :) I was a little sad because we didn't have anyone come to church with us but it was a little necessary. Sergio and his family need to learn to come on their own ya know? Anywho, we had such good talks and classes it was just all in all a good day. We also had Vivi come woot woot! It was just a good Sunday and I even had a little 'ah ha' moment, I'll have to share my thoughts when I call :) I also got to eat my very first Ovo de Páscoa! Here plastic eggs don't exist, they're chocolate! It was totally worth it and it reminded me of the golden eggs in Willy Wonka haha! We had a solid weekly planning too, we were a little quicker this week and we had a little more time for comp inventory. I have so many feelings lately I don't even know how to handle it but Sister Scioli and I had a good chat so it worked out. We had a quick correlação and then we got into our media homies. There were actually a lot and we were contacting until 9:30pm it was good though. I hope you had the best Easter and that you did something fun! I can't wait to talk with you:) I love you to the moon and back! 💗

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom