Shared 'Spiritual Moment' from Sister Garcia: April 18, 2022

After our phone call today I received a voice message on the Facebook from Sister Garcia. She told me that I forgot to ask her about her 'spiritual moment' that she had (which is true) but she shared it with me in this voice memo and I wanted to be sure it got recorded so as to never forget a moment like this on her mission.

''This Gospel is a Gospel of becoming. Elder Bednar says this a lot and he references back to it a lot. Sister Garcia asks "How did Christ become our Savior?". Well she says the following: Christ obviously suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane. He also during this time had the Spirit of God (the Holy Ghost) taken from Him. He was 100% alone and he felt it. And even though he begged for this bitter cup to pass, he knows 100% what it is to be ALONE. It was in this very moment that He became our Savior. He NEVER wants us to feel the alone that He felt and so regardless of the trials or tribulations that we have, we are never alone. He is always with us. 

Sister Garcia has previously shared with me that in order to continue growth in this Gospel we will all have our own Garden of Gethsemane. The difference however is that we will never be stripped of the Spirit of God but instead we will be buoyed up by that. We will never have to suffer alone. Our Savior loves each of us individually enough to ensure that He suffered the loneliest of lonely so we never have to.''


What a blessing to hear these words today from her mouth! Holy cow I was a bawling mess as I listened. Sister Garcia is becoming more and more of a spiritual giant with each day as a missionary. She is learning and applying things to life as a whole that will benefit her and her testimony as she moves on in life as an adult. Her testimony is so strong and the conviction you can hear in her voice is so touching. I am so grateful she shared this with me today.

Happy Monday. I love you and am so proud of you,

Mom

 

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom