Week 64 Email: The One With The Last General Conference

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, April 4, 2022
Subject: The One With The Last General Conference

Oiiiiiii! 
I hope you all are doing well and that you had the best week! This week was full of adventures and lots of laughs as always :) I can't believe that it's already April too, how did that even happen? This week had lots going on (including General Conference!) so let's get into this :) 

- Don't know how it happened but we went to order some açaí and when it came to us it was this ice cream called 'Cupuaçu' Not the worst! 
- Sister Scioli and I got to get a third dose of the COVID vaccine and after some technical difficulties, we can now say that we have all three ;) We also ended up in the Recife Sul mission, kinda fun haha! But we learned pretty quick that it knocked Sister Scioli out pretty good :/ 
- One night this week while making some calls we saw some man get arrested for stealing at the drugstore on the corner! Adventures in Brasil ;) 
- We finally had a lesson with Sergio and his whole family! It was actually really good and we were able to talk to them about General Conference and the prophet 
- We had General Conference woot woot! We were able to get Analice (Sergio's daughter!) to come with us to watch the first session with our young women! It was so fun and she had such a good experience :) 
- Sister Scioli and I made some cookies to munch on while watching the second session! I won't lie though, I'm jealous Cadbury eggs are in stores in the states to snack on while watching Conference but cookies are the next best thing ;) 
- We were able to watch the Sunday morning session with one of our favorites, Irmã Gilvanda! It was super fun and it was so cool to get to chat with her too :) 
- Brasil got 2 new temples woot woot! But also, General Conference was just an absolute killer :) 

Spiritual Thought 
Oh my gosh I have so many thoughts haha! I absolutely loved every talk from General Conference :) That's probably the most missionary answer but it's true! There were so many themes but one thing really stuck with me, the LOVE of the Savior for each one of us. Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world, knows you and loves you individually. How incredible is that?! Not only that but each one of us has the opportunity to know Him and have a relationship with Him. President Nelson said, "Every person deserves to know where they can find the hope and peace at passes all understanding" The gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to come to know the Savior and to truly find peace, hope, and love as a child of God :) 

I hope you all had an amazing week and that this week is even better! Thanks for all your emails and messages too, I really appreciate them :) Let me know what I can do for you! 
Beijos! 
Sister Garcia :) 

Fotos!
Sister Scioli in my suitcase to come home with me
COVID booster did her dirty...
Cookies and Conference
Sunday Conference with Irmã Gilvanda and Vitor :)
Saturday Conference with the Young Women and Analice!

 
 

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom