Week 66 Email: The One With Pascoa

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, April 18, 2022
Subject: The One With Pascoa

Bom dia!
I hope you all are doing amazing and had such an amazing Easter yesterday :) We had some fun adventures this week, man do I love being a missionary! Let's get into the highlights:)

- Sister Scioli hit 17 months and we got McDonalds! We also of course got no pictures, sorry!
- This will make probably 0 sense to you guys but this week we got to see Irmão Amon and he cut his hair! I was literally shocked and he got a good laugh out of my reaction haha!
- We had such an amazing District Counsel this week! Of course we talked a lot about Easter and it was definitely one to remember:)
- We got to celebrate a less actives birthday this week too, Vivi Pino! She's the best and I love her! And of course her mom gave us the BIGGEST slices of cake I've ever seen haha!
- We had such a tender mercy with a referral from comeuntochrist.org and it was exactly what we needed in that moment, God is good :)
- We got ourselves an ovo de Páscoa (Easter egg Brasil style!) and let me tell you, it's not like the US haha!
- We got to chat with a woman this week and we got to bear testimony of The Book of Mormon and God's plan for us and it was so powerful :)
- I got to eat my very first ovo de Páscoa! Here plastic Easter eggs don't exist, they're chocolate and they're huge! I even got one with brownie filling and it was super yummy :) If in being honest, I still have some to eat haha!
- We had the BEST Easter Sunday! We were able to have a super special sacrament meeting and I hope you all had a great Easter Sunday :)
- I managed to curl my hair for the first time here in Brasil and let's just say that the humidity was not my friend haha! If you know Monica in mexico, you know ;)

Spiritual Thought
Of course with Easter this past week everyone has been thinking a little more of the Savior. As I thought about Him a little more I not only came to love Him more but I came to know that He really did BECOME our Savior. The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of becoming, even Jesus Christ himself had to BECOME our Savior. How grateful I am to tell people about the good news that He is risen :)

You made it through another one! Woot woot! This next week my pday will be on Tuesday the 26th so I promise I'm not ignoring you if you send a message or email, my pday will just be the next day :) We get to go to the temple so you already know next weeks email will be a good one ;) Have the best week! Let me know what I can do for you!
Beijos,
Sister Garcia

Fotos!
Domingo de Páscoa
Me and Sister Scioli :)
A really lame 15 months picture ;)
Some bomb açaí, it tastes better than the picture looks
My very first Ovo de Páscoa

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom