Week 67 Email: The One With Temple Pday

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Tuesday, April 26, 2022
Subject: The One With Temple Pday

Bom dia! 
How are you guys? I hope that this week was a good one and that you guys are all doing well :) My pday is today because we get to go to the temple woot woot! I can't lie, it was a little weird to not talk to anyone yesterday, so if you think I ignored you, I promise I'll respond today haha! This week was chuck full so I'm just goning to get right into it! :)

- Sister Scioli and I had the most BOMB salad on pday! I don't think I've ever been so happy to eat a salad in my life haha! 
- We had a meeting with all the leadership in the mission and it was so good! I learned a lot and I even got to see some of my favorite people :) 
- Sister Scioli bore her testimony at this meeting and she even did it in English! I've never been so proud :)
- One of our lights burned out in our apartment and I'm convinced that our apartment just hates us because it's always something! 
- Sister Scioli and I learned that there was some kind of vacation/holiday this week haha! We had no idea but now it makes sense why no one was answering us ;) 
- We had some solid street contacting this week and saw some cool miracles! Just a reminder, if something falls through it's because the Lord has something so much better waiting for you :) 
- We met the cutest little old lady and when we finished up her lesson she offered us some cake haha! It didn't matter that it was 11am haha! 
- We had a super good Sunday school this past week! Irmã Rubia is a sweetheart and it was a good reminder that we can always be better :) 
- We don't have to use masks! Presidente Nordfelt told us that we only have to use them in pharmacies and the hospital but other than that we don't need to! I've never been so happy:) That also means that I really need to start watching my facial expressions haha! 
- Today is temple pday! I'll write more about it next week, but if you guys are able to go to the temple, GO! :) 

Spiritual Thought
This past week I read a talk that I really loved from Elder Uchtdorf. He talked a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how we can apply it in our own lives. He talked a lot about the 'why' behind the Atonement too, he said, "He did this for all who believe in Him. He did this for all who do not believe in Him. He did this even for those who mock, revile, and curse His name." Christ went through things that we can't even begin to imagine, yet through it all He still loves each of us. We are all capable of feeling that love, the love that kept Christ on the cross. How incredible is that?! Because of the imense love that the Savior has for each of His children His Atonement is infinite and accessable 

This one was a long one so if you made it this far, parabens! Haha! I hope you all have the best week! Let me know what I can do for you! :) 
Amo vocês!  
Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 

Fotos!
- A BOMB salad! 
- Me and Sister Scioli 
- Some of my favs :) 
- Hoje vai ser massa! 
- Pernambuco is too pretty


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom