Email from Home: Saturday, May 21, 2022

From: Mom
Date: Saturday, May 21, 2022
Subject: "Love"

Hey!
How are you? How was your week? Did you have any exchanges this week? How did they go if so? How was your week knowing that it was the final with sweet Sister Scioli? I have to admit that each time I would allow myself to think about it I could get teary eyed real quick. I don't know what it is about her but it's different. It's Sister Parrish different on my heart. <3 (Please be sure to give her a fat old squeeze from me ok?)

This week at home has been fine. It has been a lot of very open and hard discussions surrounding Dawson and his funeral that was today. I wish I could tell you just how hard all of this has affected Tyler. It has been good for me to see and to be able to talk through some of my feelings with him as well. I don't know Dawson and I can barely remember meeting Nate and Jaime maybe like 2 times is all but it is hard. To know that your life can change so quick is mind blowing. To know that within 72 hours you have called 911, had a kid life flighted, lost a child, and are in the thick of preparing a funeral. Oh...and you should probably find a way to still parent, still be a spouse, and try to find a chance to process and start the grieving process. I cannot even begin to imagine all of the feelings they must have gone through.

The funeral was today and it was 2 hours away. We were up early and when we got to the church I knew this would be hard. Tyler was full of tears and that for me was enough. To see the three brothers of Dawson and his sweet parents in the viewing line was awful. Like seriously...I hope to never have to be in this situation or to have any of you have to walk these sames shoes. There were countless friends from school, so many teammates, lots of neighborhood/primary friends and all SO young. Can you even imagine trying to tell your 10 year old that his best friend (every single one of these kids kept saying that Dawson was their best friend. It was so cute) had passed away and have them comprehend that? The service was beautiful. His Uncles spoke such great words and collectively they all described Dawson as being one word, "love". They all said that he was the epitome of Christlike love and being able to listen to those around us and then being able to watch his family showed just that. At 10 years old, a boy I never met totally changed how I will move forward in life. I hope that one day people will say that I loved them enough that I was their best friend too.

Nate and Jaime looked like yes it was a hard week and this is the worst kind of hand a parent can be dealt, but they looked so at peace too. As we stood at the grave site and after the site had been dedicated, I watched Jaime through my sunglasses. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. She was busy consoling so many others and yet she always had her eyes on the casket holding the body of her baby. As the three other boys all touched the casket and then took a hug from Jaime I watched as she began to head to take her turn as well. But she pulled back and instead went back to hugging those who were coming up to her. She wasn't quite ready and I can't say I blame her. It was then that Tyler and I recognized that it was time for us to go. We needed to allow Jaime, Nate, and those three boys some alone time to say their final goodbyes without everyone looking on. I had tears and snot running out of my nose! It was seriously so hard.

Part of the service today included a piano solo of "Families Can Be Together Forever" and for the first time ever I wasn't a bawling mess just listening to it. Instead I was more feeling the angst and pull in my heart that if anything were to happen to you or to Christian right now, there isn't a sealing in place for either of you. This is a choice I made and I am feeling the consequence of that more heavy now than I have ever felt. I pray that one day, if it is a choice you want, that Tyler and I will have the opportunity to  kneel across an altar in the temple with you to have you sealed to us. I also pray that the path you are on will be the one you will forever choose to stay on so that you will one day have that covenant in place in a marriage and that then any children you are blessed with will be born into that same covenant and you won't have to have a heavy on your heart ever. What a special blessing the Lord has given us with the promise of eternal families. <3

Tyler and I had a special (late night) visit from Brynlee AND Bryson this week too! They stopped in and dropped a wedding invite and ended up staying until 11:30pm just visiting. It was fun to listen. Bryson talked and talked and Tyler and I did our best to stay awake. Ha. They are getting super excited for their wedding and Brynlee cannot wait for you to be home.

This week is low key for us. B has a lot with volleyball lessons, hopefully her last dermatologist appointment, and then wisdom teeth out on Friday morning. It will be a holiday weekend with it being Memorial Day so I think we will take her to the cabin where she can be low key and away from any madness around here at home with friends/etc. We will see. We need to get up there and just stay. I need the slow down that it offers up there for sure.

Anyways, I want you to know that I love you and I want you to really take a minute and think about what those 3 words really mean. I want you to be able to feel those words and know that when I say them it isn't just to say them. You are one of the three best things I have ever done in my life and I could not be more proud to be your Mom. Thank you for choosing me in the beginning and for trusting me to continue to be your Mom. Thank you for allowing me into your life and on your adventures in life. Thank you for allowing me to love you. Have the very best Sunday and know that we are here for you always. We think of you, we talk about you, we miss you, and more importantly, we LOVE you.

I love you for forever and for always,
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom