Email from Mom: Saturday, May 14, 2022
From: Mom
Date: Saturday, May 14, 2022
Subject: 16 months?!
How are you? How has it already been 16 months? I cannot believe
how quickly time has been going by and that these months have flown by
as quickly as they have! How are you feeling about all of it this week?
Have you looked any further into My Plan?
How
was your week? How were your exchanges? Anything exciting and new happen
that you want to share? I wonder if as you go on these if you feel any
difference when it comes to working and visiting with friends or if it
is as though you have been teaching them all along too? I wonder all
kinds of things really but when it comes to exchanges and being in on
lessons with someone else, I wonder if it is weird or not?
I
love loved your surprise email this week! I figured you got busy and we
could talk about it when you got home in all honesty but I absolutely
loved reading your responses. Thanks for taking the time and for sharing
all of that with me. :)
This week at home
has been mostly about the pool and getting it drained (it took 4 full
days!), getting it acid washed, and then refilled all over again. Today
it is at almost 80 degrees and looks so pretty and clean. I think the
Millers will be up tomorrow after dinner (that by the way we got invited
to at THEIR house!) so it will be a good start to the Summer. Tyler
also worked really hard and got the lower part of the yard all cleaned
and the pavers sealed. He wanted to save the money and do them himself
since the sealer was like $5000 just to buy the dang stuff. I felt
fairly confident in him doing it and when it was all started I could see
the colors starting to show through and all of a sudden it wasn't a
beige mess back there. Well....the next day? I hate it. It is so sloppy,
he wasn't supposed to do it if it was going to rain within 8-12 hours
and it totally rained like 3 hours after he was done and didn't stop all
night long, and some spots are so heavy and messy that it looks like
sticky popsicle has been melted all over. I can't tell him how upset I
am because I think he is just as upset but oh my gosh. Something will
have to be changed because I absolutely am embarrassed by it and feel
like it was something Banning would do. So super frustrating. It was
clear that we should have just paid someone who has done it and knows
what they are doing to do it.
I had
another really hard week with Brooklyn. She has lost the golf cart and
friends again and I took her phone for a bit too. I just can't do the
friends anymore that she is surrounding herself with and told her that
until she makes new ones and can prove that they will help her make good
choices, no more hanging out. I just don't know what to do about any of
it right now. I bawled my eyes out on Friday knowing that she was at
school telling anyone and everyone that she probably hates my guts and
that she wishes she had a different Mom. I love being a Mom but wowza it
is HARD! :)
Today started heavy. Tyler's cousin has a 10 year old son (youngest of 4
boys) who was getting ready for school yesterday and his older brother
knocked on the bathroom door saying he needed a turn so he could get
ready too. Well, the little brother didn't answer so the older one
opened the door and the little brother was in the middle of a seizure.
The older one called his parents who were on their way home from the
gym. The parents called 911, the ambulance arrived and took him to Logan
Hospital but the meds to control the seizures weren't working so they
life flighted him to Primary Childrens. When he got there they found an
abnormal blood vessel on his brain had ruptured and he was bleeding.
They took him to surgery immediately and stabilized. Overnight though
they couldn't get numbers 'normal' so in for another emergency surgery
and it's been touch and go super critical condition since. Tyler and I
rode up to Primarys to sit and visit with Nate and Jaime (parents) but
when we got there and Tyler sent Nate a text, Nate said that Dawson (10
year old) wasn't doing well and they were taking him in for another CT
scan. So, we ended up coming home and told Nate that we would be here if
they needed anything and maybe we would try again tomorrow to stop up.
Seriously I cannot even imagine and my heart just aches for these two.
It has really been hard on Tyler and I can see that it bothers him a
lot. I just cannot comprehend the heavy that Jaime must be feeling as a
Mom. I pray I never have such a trial in my life. I am grateful for good
health for each of you. Maybe you could keep them in your prayers? I
think as many as we can get asking the Lord for peace as He works out
His plan for this sweet little boy would be only beneficial for his
parents.
The weather this next week is
supposed to be downright amazing and in the mid to upper 80's so I am so
looking forward to the sunshine and time by the pool! It says it is
going to be like mid 40's by the weekend but we will see. Seriously the
most bi-polar weather in Utah this year for sure! All of the quick
warmup makes for some nerves with the river at the cabin but at over $5 a
gallon for gas we haven't been up. I think this week Tyler will bite
the bullet and spend the $100+ to get there and back to check on that,
get some sand bags put down, and mow the lawn. I cannot believe how
expensive gas is anymore. Tyler has even been looking at electric
vehicles too. It is insane to say the least.
Anyways,
remind me to tell you about the incident Tyler had today too that
involved him having to leave a statement with the police. You will die. I
am still in shock at all of it. But mostly I hope you have the best
Sunday. I am going to take Brooklyn and Kynlee after Sacrament tomorrow
to LaGoon for a couple of hours just the two of them. I think they will
love not having the other kids all over with them and they deserve a day
for just the two of them. I sure love you and hope you have had the
best week ever. Sorry for such a late email. It has been a day of
waiting to see if we could get in touch with Nate to go and visit them
and take them some cash and a treat. Maybe tomorrow or Monday we will
try again.
I love you for forever and for always,
Mom