Email from Mom: Saturday, May 28, 2022
From: Mom
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, May 28, 2022
Subject: Hello from Oakley!
Hey! Happy Saturday to you. How are
you?! How was your week? How is it going with the trio? I can’t wait to
hear all about this new missionary and how your companion is as well.
How are you doing feeling wise knowing it’s one more week that has flown
by so quickly? Did you enjoy your time at MLC? Sorry about the
homecoming talk date madness this week. :/ Dave Imlay was trying to get
something nailed down, I wasn’t sure what to do, but in the end I am
glad the 10th will work if that is what you want. We can chat more when
we have time to talk if you want. 
This week for us has been a little more run around than I would have liked but in the end it is nice to know we are closing the door and get a fresh new one here tomorrow.
I will quick recap since I am getting an email to you late this week, again. I am sorry!
I finally talked with Rodney and we have agreed to release me as the Relief Society President and take a step back from major callings like I have had over the last 6.5 years. I wish I could say that my anxiety immediately went away but it didn’t. I will continue to be a work in progress.
B had math rise tests all week. She hated that. Surprise I am sure
but
she survived and although she only scored a 2, it just means we are
about done with 8th grade finally! We also had her last dermatologist
appointment this week. She is officially ‘done’ with accutane. Meaning
that she has a 30 day prescription that she will take one a week to just
keep in her system over the next 7 or 8 months but not full force. That
will be nice and I think she is more than elated to know this part of
life is done! I am so happy for her and her skin looks so much better
than when we started.
This was also our big week with wisdom teeth. She was so nervous that it broke my heart! Going into the dermatologist on Thursday she was so so nervous that her stomach hurt. And we didn’t have the wisdom teeth until Friday! Poor girl. She tried real hard to suppress her fears when she had some friends over to swim on Thursday since our high was in the 90’s!!! Finally! It was seriously the best day. But it didn’t really work because she was still freaking out.
Friday came and B was so scared. There were no words or anything. She just walked in and waited as patiently as she could to be called back. Once she was in the chair they got the laughing gas on. It didn’t take too long for her to relax and then they went over instructions with both her and me. I went out to the waiting room and 17 minutes later the Dr came and said he was done and that she was waking up and the nurse would be out to get me. 17 minutes?!? Holy cow that was fast. She took a long while to wake up (like 35-40) and then we were on our way home. She doesn’t remember any of it. Doesn’t even remember walking herself into the house when we got home. She was out of it. She slept most of the day and ate very little. She kept ice on pretty well and was ready for bed by 9.
Today has been a little worse pain wise for her but she is trying hard to stay strong and not complain. She is more swollen today and it is making her frustrated. We can’t keep enough ice frozen to keep it continual. She starts heat tomorrow and chewing gum while warm is on so maybe that will help. Fingers crossed anyway.
We came up to the cabin for the weekend or maybe just the night. Depends on how she is feeling. Tyler has been up doing yard stuff so we came up later. She had a shake from the Polar King for dinner with some scrambled eggs (gross combination right?!) and has been doing some online shopping while we watch Top Gun. She has watched so much tv. They released a new season of Stranger Things that she binged yesterday and today. I haven’t watched it but what I did see? Freaky as ever! 11?? C’mon, what the heck?!
I
told her it sounds scary with the choice of music they use but she just
laughs as beat she can with her ice packs wrapped around her face.
B doesn’t have plans to be at school next week except for Tuesday and yearbook day. The reality is I could care less what she chooses to do. If we can start to have some sleep in days around here I am so in!
Anyways I promised cliff notes and here I am still typing. I love you. So dang proud of you and all you are doing. Can’t wait to hear how your week has gone in the trio and all the run around back to Recife. I also really would like to make sure you are 100% good with all of the rain and flooding I see on the news.
I love you to the moon and back
Mom

This week for us has been a little more run around than I would have liked but in the end it is nice to know we are closing the door and get a fresh new one here tomorrow.
I will quick recap since I am getting an email to you late this week, again. I am sorry! I finally talked with Rodney and we have agreed to release me as the Relief Society President and take a step back from major callings like I have had over the last 6.5 years. I wish I could say that my anxiety immediately went away but it didn’t. I will continue to be a work in progress.
B had math rise tests all week. She hated that. Surprise I am sure
but
she survived and although she only scored a 2, it just means we are
about done with 8th grade finally! We also had her last dermatologist
appointment this week. She is officially ‘done’ with accutane. Meaning
that she has a 30 day prescription that she will take one a week to just
keep in her system over the next 7 or 8 months but not full force. That
will be nice and I think she is more than elated to know this part of
life is done! I am so happy for her and her skin looks so much better
than when we started. This was also our big week with wisdom teeth. She was so nervous that it broke my heart! Going into the dermatologist on Thursday she was so so nervous that her stomach hurt. And we didn’t have the wisdom teeth until Friday! Poor girl. She tried real hard to suppress her fears when she had some friends over to swim on Thursday since our high was in the 90’s!!! Finally! It was seriously the best day. But it didn’t really work because she was still freaking out.
Friday came and B was so scared. There were no words or anything. She just walked in and waited as patiently as she could to be called back. Once she was in the chair they got the laughing gas on. It didn’t take too long for her to relax and then they went over instructions with both her and me. I went out to the waiting room and 17 minutes later the Dr came and said he was done and that she was waking up and the nurse would be out to get me. 17 minutes?!? Holy cow that was fast. She took a long while to wake up (like 35-40) and then we were on our way home. She doesn’t remember any of it. Doesn’t even remember walking herself into the house when we got home. She was out of it. She slept most of the day and ate very little. She kept ice on pretty well and was ready for bed by 9.
Today has been a little worse pain wise for her but she is trying hard to stay strong and not complain. She is more swollen today and it is making her frustrated. We can’t keep enough ice frozen to keep it continual. She starts heat tomorrow and chewing gum while warm is on so maybe that will help. Fingers crossed anyway.
We came up to the cabin for the weekend or maybe just the night. Depends on how she is feeling. Tyler has been up doing yard stuff so we came up later. She had a shake from the Polar King for dinner with some scrambled eggs (gross combination right?!) and has been doing some online shopping while we watch Top Gun. She has watched so much tv. They released a new season of Stranger Things that she binged yesterday and today. I haven’t watched it but what I did see? Freaky as ever! 11?? C’mon, what the heck?!

I
told her it sounds scary with the choice of music they use but she just
laughs as beat she can with her ice packs wrapped around her face. B doesn’t have plans to be at school next week except for Tuesday and yearbook day. The reality is I could care less what she chooses to do. If we can start to have some sleep in days around here I am so in!
Anyways I promised cliff notes and here I am still typing. I love you. So dang proud of you and all you are doing. Can’t wait to hear how your week has gone in the trio and all the run around back to Recife. I also really would like to make sure you are 100% good with all of the rain and flooding I see on the news.
I love you to the moon and back
Mom