Email home: Monday, May 2, 2022
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, May 2, 2022
Subject: A kiss on the hand...
Hey hey hey!
This week I didn't have a ton of time to write like you did ;) glad we're in the same boat! Here's this week in Brasil!
Tuesday was just such a good day! I was so happy that I was able to talk to you and go to the temple :) Pday just went by so fast too, I feel like it totally flew by! Before I knew it we had to get going and contacting our media homies. We did have a little bit of an encounter with a member and it left Sister Scioli a little sad but we got through it and it all worked out. Mostly I'm just glad that I got to go to the temple :) We get to go next transfer too so I'll have to keep you updated on the date!
Wednesday really just felt like Tuesday haha! Moving pdays man... We were in the area too so it went by even faster. We were all over the place haha! We started off by taking care of some our member stuff that all went down on Tuesday, let's just say I'm glad we got it all figured out ;) We then decided to make a few stops and see if we could catch some of our friends to teach them. We stopped by a woman named Lucia's house but shes this little old lady that's not 100% there so it was just a contact. I love the Elders but all their referencias are old people that aren't all the way there. We then stopped at a woman named Paula's house and we were actually able to share a few principles. She's 80 years old and lives by herself, her husband and her son have both passed away and she wanted to know why we go through hard things. It was a super special lesson :) The only thing is that she lives right on the boarder of our area and the elders area and she technically lives in their area so we're gonna talk to them and see what we can do haha! We tried to teach our homie Carlos but that man is literally impossible it feels like. He turned into a contact too but I'm at such a wall with him, we're gonna keep that in our prayers ;) We were heading to Sergio's house when Sister Scioli told me that she wasn't 100% good so we made a pit stop at the apartment and then got going to his house. We got there and it was only Anderson... you're kidding me! We talked with him for a minute and gave him a baptismal calendar. I'm so frustrated with that family haha! It's okay, I have faith but just in the moment ya know? We made our way to the capela because we were supposed to have a ward baptism but that fell through, the family is less active and we've been trying to get in contact but it hasn't really been too successful:/ We went straight from the capela to Sandra's house. We FINALLY got to teach her and Stephanie woot woot! They're still stuck on material things so that's a bit of a challenge but man we're trying haha! We focused a ton on the Atonement and they seemed to understand it, so we can only hope that the Spirit will work ;) We talked with them a lot and then headed back to the apartment. It was a low key night not gonna lie, we prepped our training and that was about it.
Thursday we had our training at the mission office with the office Elders. The sisters in Madalena watched online because Sister Morais had a hernia removed so we were the only Sisters there in a literal pool of Elders. It went good I think so that was already a huge win. President Nordfelt really wants us to focus on the baptismal calendar so we basically practiced the whole DC on how we can better use it. It was a good time and the Elders were really getting into and changing their voices to be women, love that haha! After DC we had lunch with a RC Maria Helena and I love her! We always talk with her about the funniest things but she's literally the best :) We were walking back and Sister Scioli started to get a little pale so we walked a little faster to get back to the apartment. When we got back we got her some water and contacted our referencias. We haven't been getting too many these days so we've been cleaning and sending the ones we have that are grey dots. It was good but I was ready for bed by the end of the night, not only that but I had to start getting my stuff ready for our exchange on Friday.
Friday we had exchanges! I got to go to Vasco again but this time with Sister Da Silva. It was kinda weird because she'll go home with me and we're very different when it comes to our thoughts haha! Sister Da Silva doesn't like exchanges for one and two she literally told me that she's unmotivated and doesn't want to do anything. How do you even respond to that?! I'm sure she hates me too because she doesn't like to stay out on the rua and I told her we were going to stay out all day. It was a hard one I can't lie, but man did I try haha! We were able to contact a few people though and even find a woman that was literally impossible to find because numbers on houses here make 0 sense! It was good and I felt like we accomplished at least something haha! We got back to the apartment and it was just the longest night. Sister Da Silva really is taking the whole 'dying on the mission' serious and it's so hard. She talks talks people like she's dying too, it was interesting. I do have a funny though! She called this one guy and we had planned to do a follow up but when he answered he said that he actually seen the Sisters on the street a few days before. After we chatted for a minute Sister Da Silva changed 100% and was trying to use some flirt to convert. I wanted to laugh so hard haha! Other than that though it was a slow night and I tried literally everything I could think of to try to motivate and help her but it just wasn't working.
Saturday came pretty quick but not quick at all too haha! Sister Da Silva had a nightmare or something and when she woke up I woke up too because she was yelling. Love that haha! We got up and made our way back to Torreão. I did get to ride the bus again woot woot! I actually don't mind it too much, I can't lie. When we got to the apartment I wasn't ready for what was on the other side of the door. Sister Scioli didn't feel good so she took some medication but she didn't read anything about it and it's something to take when you sleep. That meant that my comp was literally half asleep when I came back. It's always something with Sister Scioli that's for sure! I love her and I guess it's good refresh on medical stuff;) We got into our studies but I told her to sleep so that we could make it to our lunch. We made it in one piece to our lunch with Irmã Angela and her family. It was yummy and always and we were able to chat with her for a minute which is always nice :) I swear the Lord just knows and obviously He does ;) but it was media day so I let Sister Scioli sleep and I contacted everyone. It felt kinda weird to contact and teach by myself but I was able to get everything all figured out and people contacted. When 6pm rolled around that's when stuff really started rolling though. I told Sister Scioli to take a quick shower so we could go to the capela for our activity. We planned a ward activity at 7pm so we got there early to set up and get ready. I didn't have too high hopes for a member turn out but we had a good number and it was actually really fun! But get this! We were getting ready to go to get ack to the apartment and this RC came up to us to say tchau and he kissed Sister Scioli's hand AND mine.... what the heck?! Both Sister Scioli and I were both a little weirded out and the Bishop's face was the best haha! We got back to the apartment and washed our hands so quickly haha! We made a few last calls and then called it a night. I let Sister Scioli get all her stuff taken care of so she could sleep but then I couldn't sleep, we love the end of the mission haha!
Sunday was quite the day haha! We had a lot of people committed to come to church but na hora they all canceled and we only had Flavia and her son Augusto. It was also Sister Scioli's last time bearing her testimony for fast Sunday. Still so crazy that she's going home. We had lunch with President and Sister Linhares too! I seriously love them! They were mission President back in 2001 here in Brasil and Presidente Linhares talks with Elder Soares like every week. How freaking rad is that?! His daughter also lives lile 20 monites from us so maybe we can work something out and I'll get to see them them! It was a super good afternoon and he really respects our hours too so we had time for literally everything too! We started our fast and got into our weekly planning. Oh! I almost forgot! On the way to lunch we got a call from a random woman yelling at us that we can't talk to her husband anymore. After much luta we were able to find out that her husband solicited our contact yesterday BUT he lives in Carpina so my daughter, Sister Bradbeer had already contacted him... let's just say this woman called two sets of missionaries and then blocked both of us. Women here are very jealous, even if it's just to talk about the gospel. Anywho, we had a good weekly planning and correlation too. Our members really liked our activity and want us to do one every week. I don't know how I feel about that but we're gonna get some ideas haha! I hope you had the best week! We have Zone Pday so I don't know what kind of time I'll have but im gonna try my best :) I love to you the moon and back!
