Email Home: Monday, May 23, 2022

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, May 23, 2022
Subject: The last transfer...

Hello hello! How are you guys? This week was officially the fastest and saddest week but there was still so much good! :) 

Monday was Sister Scioli's last pday so we decided to do something as a district. Elder Cowley killed it and made coxinhas which were so good :) We played UNO, domino's, and basketball too. It was actually way fun to get to be with our district and the ZL's. We ran to get back in time for our reunião de oração but we made it and it all worked out. We also had a ton of work for media noonday because the other Sisters didn't have a ton of time on Sunday to contact people. It was a lot but it worked out and of course açaí made it better ;) 
Tuesday was our last check up at the hospital for Sister Scioli and her knees. But let's start with the morning haha! Our lunch fell through so we talked to Irmão Antônio and he told us to go to this restuarant and that he would pay later. It was super yummy but it was in the Elders area, whoops! We have permission to go into their area though so don't worry ;) We had quite the adventure to get there too and I got feijão on my dress but it came out and it all worked out in the end. We left from there to the hospital and this time it was super quick. Sister Scioli is all good to go! When we got back it was her dad's birthday so she called and talked to him and I got to working on a surprise for her. I wrote her 2 letters to open while she's at the hotel and when she gets home. Hopefully it works out like I want haha! Our night totally fell through too so that was such a bust. We have a goal to clean our Livro de Area too so we started calling all of our referencias de ouro. It was a long day of calls and just reporting. We decided that we wanted a milkshake or something so we ordered one but then it literally took 5-ever and in the end it was canceled. I was a little annoyed but it was good. We also got to going through Sister Scioli's stuff after 9pm to try and get an idea of how we're gonna pack her suitcases. She has a ton of stuff so it'll be interesting to say the least haha! 
Wednesday was our media day but we also had a lot going on. We also had lunch on Wednesday with one of my favorite members! Her name is irmã Claudia and she works at the hospital in the pediatric center. I love getting to hear all of her stories and her testimony is even better :) She's just amazing and it's always such a good time to get to talk to her. We got back from lunch and called so many people and I got my family home evening acitivity planned. We then headed to Irmã Angela's house. We learned how to make her famous cuzcuz too! I'm so excited that I know how to do it now :) We then got into our family home evening and it was a total hit! I did the whole sin and Jesus Christ science experiment with good coloring. They actually really liked it and it got a really good conversation going about the Atonement. We stayed for a minute longer and booked it back to our apartment because Irmão Amon was waiting. Him and his buddy came to fix our bathroom. It's still not 100% but it works now and that's all that matters haha! I'm never taking my bathroom for granted ever again that's for sure. They didn't end up leaving until 9:30pm but we were able to get a few lessons in. I even got a picture with him so now you'll know who he is haha! 
Thursday morning had an interesting start haha! I went to go brush my teeth and rhe bathroom didn't have water. The rest of the apartment did but not the bathroom. I thought to myself, 'lascose' but after waiting until the VERY last minute that we could, the water voltou and we were able to take our showers. But also! I finally got my period back! Tyler, you probably didn't need to know that but what can you do haha! Anywho, we got ready for the day and then headed to DC. We had such a good DC and talked a lot about being humble and we had a cool pratica too. We taught the Restoration in 4 minutes and our challenge this week is to use it on the streets while contacting. It was super good :) We came back and absolutely died calling yellow dots to try and clean out our Livro de Area. We were supposed to have a lesson with Flavia too but it fell through. But the Lord is always good and we were able to call Katia and have a really good lesson with her about the Plan of Salvation. We even marked her for baptism! It's super far into the future but we told her it was just a goal and she picked the date. I'm super excited for her and I really hope that it all goes through :) We didn't have anything too crazy Thursday night other than the fact that this week absolutely flew by haha! 
Friday just flew by and went too quick. We got our studies done and already needed to go to lunch with Irmã Tatiane. She's so super sweet but wr did learn about the huge age gap between her and her husband. He's like 75 and she's 43... it was a huge shocker to say the least haha! We had a good talk with her though just about how she married a non member and how it's hard. She's super furm I the church though so it's kinda cool to see. We got back and got right into our meeting for technology stuff. There are some changes that are going to be made to the media project so we all needed to be updated. It was good and productive so I guess vale a pena haha! We were on media stuff too so it worked out and we were able to apply some stuff that we talked about. We've really taken this week to contact as many people as possible too so we spent most of the night just calling people and giving a few lessons :) 
We also made our way way Sandra's house! Finally! We did something really simple and just talked with her about believing in miracles. It was good and she was even able to say goodbye to Sister Scioli. She's actually super sweet and I think that she could really be baptized! 
Saturday is when Sister Scioli started to really loose it and I knew it. I racked my brain to try and think of something to help her. We had money for lunch so I decided we'd get McDonald's to help her. It helped a little but still it's hard haha! It makes me wonder what I'll be like when my time comes. We had some finding too but it was all a bust, literally no one wanted to talk to us or pass their number/address. We decoded to stop my Flavias house just to see if we could catch her at a good time. Thankfully she was home and told us we could chat. We really wanted Fernando to participate too but he just got back from the states so he was sleeping. He did bring back Krispy Kreme and Flavia told me those are her favorite donuts and it made me realize there aren't donuts here in Brasil haha! We had a good lesson and we talked about the Restoration with her. We left straight from her house to go to our activity at the church. Our MLA is really wanting us to do some kind of activity every week to help our ward. Sooooo we had it all planned and thus week it actually went pretty good! We're getting more and more people to come so that's always good :) I'm excited to see what it'll be in the future! 
Sunday was the big day. At 6:30am President Nordfelt sent us an audio saying that Torreão B will be closing. That meant that not only did we have to get Sister Scioli's stuff packed up but now mine. It was a wild day and seriously was a whirlwind. We went to church and we actually had Clebson come! Woot woot! It was so good and he said that he really liked it and wants to come every week :) We also had to tell a few of our members and they were not happy with us to say the least. I'm really gonna miss them. We had a quick lunch and then headed back to the apartment. Our day consisted of a quick study, cleaning, packing, throwing out food, and shutting everything down. It was so sad and both Sister Scioli and I were loosing our minds. It was a long night and I don't know how I feel about everything. I'm excited for a new adventure but I'm sad at the same time. I'll have to chat with you more later :) I love you to the moon and back! 💗


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom