Phone Call Home: Monday, May 16, 2022
Ahhh Mondays. :) These calls are getting fewer and fewer with each week that passes by. So few in fact that after today I will only have six (6!!!) more from Sister Garcia and then she will be home. She technically has seven (7) weeks but with the way the last week will work, her Pday won't be Monday since she will travel to the mission home to ready herself to come home. So crazy!
Today wasn't a long call because they were doing another District Pday since today was Sister Scioli's last Pday. She is getting ready to go home next week! I cannot believe it. Speaking of Sister Scioli, when I was talking with Sister Garcia she was waving to have Scioli join her. Sister Scioli had a piece of paper in her hand and she read it to me. She was so sweet and said thank you to me for loving her and for being her Mom in the United States. I was literally fighting back tears! I have never met her but my life is sure blessed because of her. I have so loved seeing these two together and I am going to miss her each week and in photos with Sister Garcia! I snapped this photo while they were laughing about something (I didn't understand the Portuguese they were saying but it appeared to be funny) and wanted to be sure I included it here so we never forget this day.
Today was a day to just hang out and let Sister Scioli spend one more day with everyone in the District so it was a hang out and visit or play games or whatever they really wanted to do. At some point Sister Scioli came into the room where Sister Garcia was (the Primary room) and was putting a few of the small chairs together to lay down on and have a nap. Hilarious!Sister Garcia's biggest news for the week is that Salt Lake has officially approved the purchase of her plane ticket home. What?! It is now just a matter of time that we will receive those details and will be able to know exactly when she will arrive back here in Utah. All of the feelings and emotions today have been crazy. She is going to miss Sister Scioli something fierce and she is already wondering so much what it will look like for her as she readies herself to be in the same shoes and coming home. These next 6 weeks are going to FLY by and I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for her.
Keep up the good work. Keep smiling and remember I love you,
Mom
