Phone Call Home: Monday, May 2, 2022


This girl is in her zone. Literally. :) She had Zone Pday today so she called a little later in the afternoon and was surrounded by loud missionaries being missionaries. Although loud, it is always fun to watch and listen as she is around other missionaries. I love listening to her speak Portuguese and even though I have no clue what it is she is saying it just makes my whole heart happy. And I really love watching her smile and laugh. I miss having that here at home with her. 

Today's call was mostly about life here at home and what is going on with people in Sister Garcia's life outside of the mission. I am 100% certain it is common and normal as missionaries start coming towards the end of their mission to think a little more about home and friends and what is going on here or there. This week I was just a set of ears for Sister Garcia as she talked through some of these things. 

A lot of time was spent on Sister G (from the MBM) and how she is no longer engaged to the boy she was writing to her whole mission but is instead now dating a boy from the MBM, we talked about Brynlee and her wedding and how much Brynlee misses Sister Garcia. We talked about Brittan and some concerns that she has with him and when they get home together. 

Sister Garcia has grown a TON on this mission. She has found out quite a bit more of who she is and what she is capable of. She has found some strengths that she didn't know she has and she has also found out some of those characteristics in life that she knows she just simply doesn't want or need in her life. She has been among lots of different personalities and different people both in the United States and now in Brazil. As she is working with and watching these different people, she is recognizing what it is that she wants long term in her own life. There are some things that she is worried about when it comes to Brittan and how life 'looks' in the future. She knows there is some family/Mom concern and she recognizes that it will be a conversation she needs to have with him after he returns from his own mission. She recognizes how 'all in' he is on his mission and is concerned with the detox and how that will look for when he comes home as well. Most of this is just her brain trying to grasp reality and what that looks like for herself when she will be home in a few short weeks, I realize this. I also realize that I am safe for her to vent and talk to and I will cherish this part alone forever to my heart. There truly is nothing better in life than knowing your kids trust and respect you as a parent but also as a best friend. To be able to be her out and to be able to just let her talk and have her know that that is all I am here for in this moment is exactly what I have always hoped to have as a Mom. 

There was plenty of good mission stuff that happened over the course of the last week and she recaps all of it in her email home and also in her weekly email so I won't bother to double up on that here. Instead I will finish up this weeks call home with nothing more than this: Sister Garcia I am so proud of you and all you are doing. This life as a missionary is quickly coming to an end and I pray that you can feel of our love and support for you from home. I know your mind can at times wander into wondering what life will be like for you when you come home but know this, Tyler and I will do everything we can to help you normalize and adjust and do all in our power to relieve any sort of stress or concern of what life here at home holds. You need not worry about those things. I know easier said than done but I promise that I will do all that I can to make life here and the transition out of missionary stage as easy and as clean as can be. 

I love you for forever and for always. To the moon and back,
Mom 

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom