Week 68 Email: The One With Pastel

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, May 2, 2022
Subject: The One With Pastel

Bom dia meu povo! Tudo bem?
I hope you guys are all doing well and had a good week! This week absolutely flew by and so many things happened so let's just get into it :) 

- We went to the temple! I seriously love the temple so much and it was exactly what I was needing :) The spirit of the temple is something indescribable, if you can go, go! 
- We had a really good lesson with our friend Sandra this week! She's slowly getting there but we have faith that it'll all work out :) 
- I was getting getting ready for bed one night and there was this HUGE bug in our room, but here's the catch! I was brushing my teeth so I couldn't even talk to tell Sister Scioli! I can say that I have now killed a bug while brushing my teeth ;) 
- I had my very first pastel! Don't ask me how I've gone this long without eating one but it was super yummy! 
- Sister Scioli and I got to give a training this week for DC and I think it went well! We were combined with the office Elders and were the only Sisters there, gave me some flash backs to the only Elder districts I've had haha!
- We had exchanges this week with the Sisters in Vasco! I got to go back to Vasco with Sister Da Silva and man did we walk! Vasco is literally a bowl and we climbed so many stairs, to say we got a workout would be an understatement! 
- Sister Scioli and I planned a ward activity with the Assistants and it was so fun! We played some games and tied it all in with the gospel. It went super well and the members loved it :) 
- We had a really special fast and testimony meeting yesterday! Sister Scioli bore her testimony too and it's still so wild she's going home soon, we choose not to think about it ;) 

Spiritual Thought 
This week I was studying a little hit more about the Sacrament and I came across this verse in 3 Nephi 18:10, "And when the disciples had done this, Jesus said unto them: Blessed are ye for this thing which ye have done, for this is fulfilling my commandments, and this doth witness unto the Father that ye are willing to do that which I have commanded you." In Português the word willing is closely connected to the word for desire. When we partake of the Sacrament, not only are we fulfilling the commandments, we are showing the Lord that we have a DESIRE to do what He has commanded. This coming week, take some time to strengthen your desire and on Sunday I promise the Sacrament will mean something different :)

Thanks for reading another email! This week came by way quick and I feel like I just sent this haha! I hope you all have the best week! Let me know what I can do for you this week :) 
Amo vocês! 
Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 


Fotos!  

Ward Activity 
Exchanges with Vasco 
My favorite, the sky! 
My first pastel
Sister Garcia and Sister Scioli at the temple
Temple day :) 

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom