Week 71 Email: The One With A Last Transfer

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, May 23, 2022
Subject: The One With A Last Transfer

Oi gente! Tudo bom?

First off, sorry for the later email this week! We got some news on Sunday and I had 0 time to sit down and type this up. But this week flew by! It was Sister Scioli's last week before going back home and man did we live it up:) 

- We had a district pday to celebrate Sister Scioli and Elder Silva last pday... it was sad but we had a good time and I may even be a new basketball champ ;)
- Well, our bathroom broke again... and so the saga continues 
- Sister Scioli and I finally learned how to make Cuzcuz with our member Irmã Angela! It was so yummy and we even had a super fun family home evening with her family :) 
- We almost didn't have water for a day and let me tell you, I'm never taking my showers for granted again! 
- We had a really good District Counsel and talked a lot about humility and how we can become more humble like Christ 
- Irmão Amon came to the rescue with our bathroom saga and now it works again! Not 100% fixed but we can live with that haha! 
- We had a really good lesson with Sandra! We talked a lot about miracles and man are miracles so real! :) I promise if you look for them you'll see them! 
- Sister Scioli made me an avocado smoothie and it may or may not be something i make back in the states ;) 
- We had another really good ward activity! We learned that you can really spice up the story of Noah's Arc haha! 
- We had Clebson come to church! He's super open and told us he wants to come to church every week :) He's so solid and could use your prayers if you have some to spare ;) 
- We got quite the transfer news on Sunday! Sister Scioli is finishing her mission and instead of me staying in Torreão B I'll be headed to Camaragibe! I'll keep you you updated but to finish out my mission I'll be in a new area! 

Spiritual Thought 
This week we had the opportunity to watch a devotional with President and Sister Nelson. It was so good and I highly recommend watching if you get a chance! :) President Nelson'ssaid something that really stuck out to me. He said, "I've quit buying green bananas" Normally that won't really make too much sense but it makes all the sense in the world. When we buy green bananas we have to sit an wait for them to turn yellow, but we don't have that kind of time. We need to get going and start buying yellow bananas! :) Time truly is a gift and it goes by so quick, so remember to focus o the things that matter and live every single moment :) 

Thanks for being patient with me this week and for reading another email! You guys are the best! I love and miss you all! Let me know what I I can do for you this week! 
Amo vocês! 
Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 

Fotos!
- Finally a pday pic :) 
- Our homie Irmão Amon 
- Lunch with Irmã Tatiane 
- A HUGE dog one of our friends has haha! 
- Activity in Torreão 
- One last açaí 
- I love Scioli :)


Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom