Week 72 Email: The One With CHUVA

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, May 30, 2022
Subject: The One With CHUVA

Oi gente! 
How are you guys? I hope you guys are all doing well and have some fun plans for Memorial Day :) This week was absolutely insane but when is it not haha! I'm officially in my new area area my new companion and a new missionary! With that being said, let's get this rolling :) 

- I made it to my new area, Camaragibe! It's a lot like my first area here in Brasil, Carpina. Definitely different but hey! Our bathroom works ;) 
- We got SO SO much rain! I seriously looked like a wet dog walking on the street haha! But it was totally worth it and we saw some miracles
- We gave a virtual training for the new missionaries that came in while we waited for the rain to stop 
- We finally were able to go get our new missionary! That means that I am officially companions with Sister Bradford and Sister Feitosa! Sister Bradford and I are training Sister Feitosa so I have another daughter :) 
- We got a literal TON of rain! It shut down so many places and we didn't have electricity for a couple days
- Because we didn't have power we actually ended up back in Torreão for a night and let me tell you, it was weird haha! 
- I had my very last Mission Leadership Conference and it was only a little sad :) 
- We worked a lot inside online because of the crazy amount of rain we got but we saw SO many miracles still!
- We had to go to Recife and the roads were literally rivers! But we got to talking to the Uber and we got his contact info to share messages! 
- As of right now, the rain has stopped! I'm hopeful that it'll stay that way haha! 

Spiritual Thought 
This week's thought ia brought to us by the Book of Mormon hero, Mormon ;) I was studying this week when the brass plates are all complied and hidden for Joseph Smith to find later down the line. In Mormon 8:16 it says, "And blessed be he that shall bring this thing to light; for it shall be brought out of darkness unto light, according to the word of God; yea, it shall be brought out of the earth, and it shall shine forth out of darkness, and come unto the knowledge of the people; and it shall be done by the power of God." The Book of Mormon, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the LIGHT in the dark. I can't think of any other thing in this world that brings everlasting happiness, direction, and LIGHT :) This is your reminder to take some time to read/listen to the Book of Mormon today ;) 

Thanks for reading yet another email! You guys are seriously the best :) Now that I'm in a trio with only one phone I'll try my best to respond to all you guys but if I don't get there know that I love and appreciate all the emails and messages you guys send :) Have the best week! Let me know what I can do for you! Amo vocês! 
Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 

Sorry for the lack of pictures! This week had so much going on, I promise this week will be better :)


Fotos!
Sister Bradford and Sister Feitosa :)


Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom