Email from home: Sunday, June 12, 2022

From: Mom
To: YOU!
Date: Sunday, June 12, 2022
Subject: Summertime

Good morning! Happiest of Sunday to you. How are you? How was the last week? How are all of your sweet friends doing and progressing? How is your goal for baptisms coming along? How is your companion and how are things moving along with the training of this new missionary? Is she feeling the groove of the mission? Is she getting more comfortable?

Things around here have been good. Kinda crazy run around but between the high school volleyball camp and friends, Brooklyn is always on the go. I’m glad and she is totally enjoying the volleyball thing but I just feel like we are always on the go. Brooklyn is funny with volleyball. I didn’t know what she would expect or how she would do you know but she came home Monday happy and already looking forward to Tuesday. Tuesday she was dressed and ready to (knee pads on just sitting at her ankles and everything) at like 11:30am. Volleyball didn’t start until 3 😂This week it is in the evening and I think she is glad. It gives her time to ‘tan’ in the afternoon when the sun is out. Seriously, so funny.

The weather this week has been pure heaven. The sunshine was slated to be here so I uncovered the day bed and the lounge chairs and didn’t bother putting them on at the end of the day like I usually do. I even left the towel out I used to just dry because I knew I would be back out the next day. Brooklyn is busy getting her tan on most days and she is totally killing it. Her legs already look dirty. She is going to be black before the end of summer I am almost certain.

Tyler has been working on the tile issue in the pool. Mostly he just swears at it and I don’t blame him. Banning did a horrible job on the install so there is a huge section that came off and now Tyler is busy chipping away at the grout under them so he can repair that. I’m sure it will end up costing a lot more at the end of the season when we drain the stupid thing and have the whole pool re-tiled. It is so annoying and I know Tyler hates it. It’s one more thing about the pool that he just gets annoyed at. Just a reoccurring expense you know? We did both agree though while we were lounging in the pool that without it in the yard, our backyard wouldn’t be used. Especially on the super hot days like it has been this week. It was almost 100’ and without the pool you just stay inside where it’s cool. So there are some pros to the cons of it.

Tyler has spent some time fishing this week and comes home and seems like they were successful trips. I’m glad he takes time for himself to do that. He also went golfing with Charles this week which gave him a night alone at the cabin. I think he probably loves that more than he will ever say. Just a break from all of the crap here plus them him and Brooklyn can’t argue either.

I have just been chugging along. I handed off my calling to Kim and seriously feel so good about it. I am looking forward to knowing I will be released this morning. I won’t be there since we are going to go listen to Parker, but so relieved to know this part of life is finished. I had our first online virtual training for Teeter. The trainer is in New Mexico and she is great. She calls for 30 minutes and then assigns homework for me to work on. Teeter is super smart plus she loves treats so she is willing to work/learn/play most of the time. She doesn’t line the crate still but we are getting there. If I am being totally honest, I am ready for her to be there right now. It makes for some long nights and puppies get up early so I walk around most days like a disaster who isn’t sleeping well.

I called mission travel this last week to see if they could get me details. They told me that the all the use to assign flights is down and has been down. They are manually making reservations now I guess. The app would give you about a 6 week window of knowing when you would come home. The manual entry they hope to give as much time as possible but sometimes it is only 7-10 days 😳to say I am bugged is an understatement. But it’s ok…if I have to book a flight home for you I will. Ha ha ha.

The weather this week turns cold again after today. Like from 90’s to the high 50’s cold. I don’t get it. But by the end of the week it will be back to 90’s again. Tyler wants to go to Moab (holy cow it is going to be sweltering down there) from Friday until Sunday to rise the rzr and get away from the house. Aside from the blazing heat that we will be in while in the rzr, I’m sure it will be fine. Teeter is going to go on her first big adventure. It will be interesting to see how she handles it all.

Other than that, today we will go listen to Parker report on his time in Alabama and see how he is doing. It’s so crazy he is home. It’s like a perfect start to a domino effect for the rest of you to follow. Jason Miller’s birthday is tomorrow (Monday) so he invited us to a dinner that his family is hosting this afternoon but I will let Tyler decide if he wants to go or not. He has drained the pool to try and remedy the tile mess so maybe we will just stay and do that instead and take him a gift tomorrow. I will just wait and see. Probably best you know?

Anyways, I sure love you. I’m hopeful that this week with lessons and responsibilities that you were able to feel the direction and hand of the Lord in your life. I hope you are able to still see lily moments and still know the value and blessing it is for you to be there right now. I pray you know of our love for you and that you can feel our prayers and thoughts each day too. You continue to do great things and continue to teach us here at home too. Thanks for your example and for your dedication and perseverance you show every single day. You make me so proud and I love that I get to share with those here all the amazing things you are doing and the person you are becoming.

Have the best Sunday. I love you for forever and for always! To the moon and back,
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom