Email from Mom: Saturday, June 4, 2022

From:  MOM!
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, June 4, 2022
Subject: Tootsie? Teeter?

Hey! Happy Saturday. How are you?! How has your week been? This week is your last zone Pday right? How you feeling about that? You guys have big plans?

This week here has been so crazy trying to keep days straight! There wasn’t school on Monday because of the holiday, Brooklyn stayed home on Tuesday (which I was so sure was the 1st of June but it wasn’t), her and Tyler have been fighting all week (about the dumbest stuff!), she went to school on Wednesday for yearbook day (but only for like 3 hours), wasn’t going to go on Thursday but at like 11:30 decided she wanted to go down for a little bit of field day, and when Friday finally showed up I was sure it was Saturday all over again except that B had a follow up on her mouth so I knew it was Friday. It has been the longest week I have been in the middle of in a long time. Let’s just say I am so glad it is finally coming to an end.

Now…let’s go back to Tuesday shall we? I have been looking at dogs for a while. Not sure I was ready to do that again but I know my anxiety has been increasing a lot lately and I have been missing having Charli around the house. My heart seemed to be open to the idea and as I searched it opened up even more. Tuesday we told B that we were running errands which she was fine with because her and Tyler have been at each other so I’m sure she was glad to see us go. We drove an hour or so to the breeders home and met this cute little thing. She is a mini Australian shepherd and she sheds. But she is beautiful and there was just something about her. We sat and watched her play with others from the litter and watched her as she was in her own comfort zone. She loves loves to snuggle and stayed close to my side the whole time. Tyler and I talked and we ended up paying for her and headed home. I snuggled her the whole drive while trying to console her too. She was so nervous and shaky! We got home and she stayed at my feet like a cat. She fixes great flat tires! Tyler and I were in the backyard by the pool when B got home and she came down. She didn’t see her right away but as soon as she did she almost broke into tears. It was cute. She was like ‘what is that?’ And then fell in love immediately. She is sure we are punking her and that we are going to tell her it is someone else’s dog we are just watching. It’s kind of funny to be honest.

I forgot the crate training cry. Holy cow…but Tyler is so in love too that he just helps with whatever instead of being frustrated. Last night she had one of my shirts in her crate and slept all night! It was a total win in my books. She is super shy around anyone but me. She just doesn’t have her feet under her yet as far as comfortable you know? She warms up to B and Tyler a little more each day which is good. Otherwise she’s always just at my feet. I can’t wait for you to meet her. I’m hopeful to get her in with a trainer this next week and she sees the vet at the end of the month. She loves to swim and play outside and she snuggles the very best way you can imagine! She also really loves a pupacino from the Starbucks. 😂

B survived her last week of school even though she hardly went. She has had a couple of nights with friends in the pool and is doing so again tonight. She will also do a movie starting at 9 down there too. It’s kind of cold and windy tonight but there is the patio heater so no worries really. She went to her final checkup with the oral surgeon and her incisions had completely healed so she didn’t even have to use the syringe with the hook on it to clean out the pockets that get left behind. The hygienist was shocked and just kept apologizing that we came in at all. I think B was beyond thrilled and just kept smiling. I’m glad to have that over with for all 3 of you! One less you know?

We went to Dresden’s baptism today. He is funny. Growing up but a goofy kid. When I asked if I could take his picture he said ‘why?’ So I told him I wanted to send it to you and Christian. He stopped and smiled and said ‘ok’ with his messed up teeth smile. It’s crazy that it is the Millers last baptism too. Time just keeps flying by at warp speed. I don’t know how to feel about it really. But it was fun to watch him today.

Tomorrow is church but just sacrament meeting for us. We are going to go see the new Top Gun movie just the three of us. I am so glad B said she would come. She is trying hard to exist in the same space as Tyler on a positive note (which most days are a work in progress) so I am glad she will come with us. Depending on weather we might host for dinner and pool time but maybe we won’t. I don’t know. I’m good if we don’t to be honest. I’m hopeful that Rodney will tell me they’ve extended a call to a new RS President as well 🤞🏻

B starts volleyball at the high school clinic on Monday, I get to go to the dentist on Tuesday, we meet the dog sitter on Monday too. I wanted to be sure I had someone that could watch Teeter if we go out of town and someone that is consistently the same so this lady is in Riverton and we are going to do a meet and greet. Hoping it will go well. (I am not too worried. Teeter is so dang cute that we can’t go anywhere without being stopped so…) I’d like to think that maybe this weekend we will escape to the cabin even if it’s just one night but we will see. B is the tricky there. She doesn’t love going alone up there. (Another reason we can’t wait for you!)

This week will go by quick but it’s ok. Staying busy is the best way if you ask me. I hope you’ve had a great week and that your one ahead is looking good too. I can’t wait to hear how you are and how your goals are coming along with your friends too. I sure love and miss you. Have the best Sunday.

Talk you soon. I love you for forever,
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom