Nesting

I swear my body and my mind are in the middle of a nesting mode just like when I was pregnant with you. I remember wanting things a certain way, needing to buy a few final 'must haves' for when you came home, and wanting to feel like the house was ready.

Life with you coming home from a mission is playing out the same way. I spent yesterday cleaning your room, getting it vacuumed and dusted. I took your bed apart and decided you needed a mattress cover (why you didn't have one already is unknown, I apologize about this) and new bed sheets so off to the store I went. I got those laundered and put on your bed and got the rest of your bed made too. I am waiting on some pillowcases to be done in the laundry but then your bed will be ready for you. Tyler got the washer and dryer hooked up and we even ran a test load to make sure it is working for you. I cleaned your bathroom, threw away so much I won't even get into it, Tyler installed a new shower head, I installed a new shower curtain and liner, I washed the rugs, hung fresh new towels, and lit a candle so it can start to smell like someone is living there again.

I took care of weeding the front yard. I plucked dandelions that were trying to make themselves a home in the lawn, I trimmed the leftovers on the boxwoods by the front door, and power washed/cleaned the water feature. Tyler spent the day before carpet cleaning the big white rug in the living room so I got furniture put back where it belongs in there too. (I ordered a new rug just in case I don't love the way it looks when it is finished..we will see)

Today Brooklyn and I went to the store looking for some drawer organizers for your bathroom vanity, she helped me with a couple of decor items, I stopped and loaded up some laundry supplies for the laundry room downstairs, and hopefully by the end of day tomorrow I will feel like I am finally ready for you to be home and not have to worry about much else. In the end I know you don't care. I know most of it you probably won't even realize took place. And I am good with that. I just need to know for my own person that what you are coming home to is my very best. You deserve that and then some. 

As crazy as it is to have these feelings resurface, I wouldn't trade them for the world! In one week from now you will be on a plane heading home. I cannot wait to see you and to be able to wrap my arms around you and give you the hug I have been dreaming of for what feels like an eternity. :) 

I love you to the moon and back,

Mom 

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom