Week 74 Email: The One With A Cold

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Tuesday, June 14, 2022
Subject: The One With A Cold

Bom dia! Happy Tuesday pday! :) We have the temple today and I'm so excited! This week flew by and we had so much as always so I'm just gonna get straight into it :) 

- I had my very last Zone pday and of course we had rain but we still made the most of it and we even got McDonald's milkshakes :) 
- We had a fun adventure going to a city in our area called Tabatinga at night this week too. We ended up getting a little turned around on the way back so it was a longer walk than we anticipated haha! 
- We ate some super yummy pizza this week for lunch too! I don't think I've ever eaten so much in my life haha! 
- We had a tender mercy and found this family on the streets! They let us right in and we were able to teach them, God always puts people in the right place at the right time :) 
- There was the cutest dog in the praça this week and we ended up talking to the owners and now we're going to teach them! Who knew that dogs would be the key to finding new people ;) 
- We had virtual Zone Conference and it was so good! President and Sister Nordfelt always have the best trainings and comments :) 
- We had exchanges this week and I got to go to Cordeiro and stay with Sister Harward! It was a mini Utah reunion and we saw SO many miracles too :) We also met a hippie on the street so that was a good time haha! 
- We had some really good lessons with Diogo and he's really progressing :) Keep him in your prayers if you can por favor! 
- We had a super good Sacrament meeting and Diogo came to church too! Sundays are the best just saying ;) 
- Sister Bradford and I got a little sick this week because of all the rain we've been taking on walking on the streets, worth it though to find new people ;) 
- Some how time is flying by and I hit another month mark...
- We had a lot of strange street contacts but those are my favorite haha! 

Spiritual Thought 
I found a 'famous' scripture this week but this time around it looked a little different to me. Ether 12:27 says, "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Normally we focus on the fact that the Lord will make weak things become strong, but how? We have to be HUMBLE! In order for the Lord to work miracles in our lives we have to have faith in Him and be humble to admit our weaknesses. Admitting our weaknesses isn't a sign that we're struggling, it's a great act of faith. When we can admit (humble ourselves) to the Lord that we need help, He will do everything possible to TRANSFORM our weaknesses into strengths :) 

If you made it this far, parabéns! This week's highlights were a little more than normal but I'll take it of that means we get to go to the temple :) I hope you all have the best week! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you! 
Amo vocês! 
Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 

Fotos! 
I don't know who Jues is haha!
We found a fun street for São João!
The Night Lights
Exchanges with Sister Harward

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom