Week 75 Email: The One With The Temple

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, June 20, 2022
Subject: The One With The TempleBom dia bom dia! 

How are you all?? I hope you guys are all doing great and had the best week! Pdays are back to normal too so fill free to shoot me a message and I'll try my best to respond today :) This week was had sunshine and some miracles! 

- We got to go to the temple for pday and it's always my favorite :) It was such a good way to start off our day and spend pday! 
- We got a referral from some Sisters that are serving wayyyyy in the South of Brasil named Henrique and he's so solid! We even got him a Book of Mormon :) While we were giving him a Book of Mormon we had another guy come up to us and ask us for a copy, how rad is that?! 
- We were able to have some really good lessons with Diogo this week too! He's doing great! 
- We had some really hot sun and then on the same day just a little later it rained a ton haha! The weather here is almost as bipolar as Utah ;) 
- We had in exchanges this week with the Sisters in Carpina! I got to stay in Camaragibe with Sister Feitosa and Sister Araruna and we saw some miracles as always :) We also took on a little rain too 
- We had some fun adventures in Tabatinga this week too! We were able to visit a less active family and now we're going to teach the non members! 
- We did a huge ward activity with the Elders in Carmelo and UR 7 and it was a total hit! We talked all about families and everyone had to bring some kind of good that their family likes, it was totally worth all the calories haha! 
- I had my very first candica for São João! It was basically a corn pudding with cinnamon on top and it wasn't too bad :) 
- We had such a good Sacrament meeting and Diogo and Daniel came to church too! 

Spiritual Thought 
This past week and past Sunday I've been thinking a lot about the Savior (as always haha!) but specifically the Sacrament. I thought about it a little bit and i found myself wondering why the Sacrament is something we eat and not just something we talk about or read about. When the Savior gave the Sacrament to His Apostles, He told them to do it in remembrance of Him. But it's so much more! The fact that we eat bread and drink the water is a huge symbol that the Savior not only is in our thoughts but in our bodies for that week. The next time you take the Sacrament just remember that it's the LITERAL body and blood of Christ :) 

Thanks for reading yet another email! The emails are coming to an end, I can't even believe it. I hope you all have the best week! Let me know what I can do for you guys this week! 
Amo vocês! 
Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 

Fotos!
- The temple! 
- A fun graffiti we found 
- Exchanges with Sister Araruna 
- Tabatinga is different :) 
- Candica!


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom