Week 76 Email: The One With Goodbyes Pt. 2

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, June 27, 2022
Subject: The One With Goodbyes Pt. 2

Bom dia gente!! 
I hope you're all doing great! Well, my time has officially come. This is my very last email to you guys! I can't believe how fast these 18 months have gone by! Stay tuned for homecoming details ;) Before it gets too sappy, here's the highlights :) 

- We had a deep cleaning pday and Sister Feitosa and I really got into it haha! 
- We had an amazing lesson with Henrique and the other Sisters that found him. It was such a good lesson and he has so much potential! 
- We had interviews with President Nordfelt! I seriously love him so much and I'm gonna miss getting to have interviews with him 
- We got to go to the mission office to have a meeting with all the new missionaries and it was so cool to see how much Sister Feitosa has grown in these past 4 weeks 
- We had a literal TON of rain again and the street in front of our apartment was flooded so it made for some fun adventures trying to walk on the street haha! 
- São João started here in Pernambuco! We tried to work but literally everyone was partying, this also meant that we had quite the street concerts ;) 
- We had some fun adventures in Tabatinga this week too! The bus took a while to get there but when we got there we were able to see some tender mercies 
- We had lots of sunshine this week! That mean that my Chaco tan lines are still going strong haha! 
- We had some really good lessons this week too! Diogo, Daniel, and Henrique are making strides :) 
- We had festa Junina at the church! It was such a blast! There were so many people, a LIVE band, and we even had some of our friends come!! 
- We got to have lunch with one of my favorite families and we talked a lot about missions, they're the best :) 
- I made my very last batch of cookies for Sister Bradford and Sister Feitosa! 

Spiritual Thought 
I have so many thoughts and feelings that I don't even know what to say. I'm so grateful for my mission and for these past 18 months. I'm forever grateful for the experiences I've had in the Boston Massachusetts Mission and here in Recife. It hasn't been easy and I think I've sweated more than I ever have in my life but it's all so worth it :) I'm so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and for the opportunity I've had to be a missionary. I know that the Savior lives and that this is His church. He is always in the details and He is just waiting to pour out blessings for each of us. He lives! 

HOMECOMING NEWS!! 
Well, my time has finally come, I'm coming home! You won't have to hear from me every week anymore haha! I'll try my best to sum up these past 18 months on July 10th at 9am and I'd love to see you all there:) 
5624 Mirabella Drive, Herriman Utah 
Afterwards there'll be some refreshments at my house that you won't want to miss! 
14396 S. Muirwood Circle, Herriman Utah 

You did it! You made it all the way through this last email :) Thank you all for reading m emails every week and for all your sweet emails and messages. I can't wait to see all you guys soon! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you guys :) 
Amo vocês! 
Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 


Fotos! 

Crazy rain!
São João in full swing
Graffiti with a spiritual note ;)
Welcome to the jungle
Camaragibe
Henrique and Daniel at Festa Junina!


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom