A little reunion if you will : July 5, 2022

While I sat anxiously waiting to hear how things were going on the layover in Sao Paulo I decided to run a couple of errands. While I was driving I missed a Facebook Messenger call from sweet Sister Scioli. She was the last companion of Sister Garcia. When I got home I thought, 'man, how do I take a call from her? I can't understand her and I know she won't understand me'. But then another call came in from her so I answered and guess what? She was at the airport with Sister Garcia!!!! WHAT?! 

Elder Baldwin, Elder Adams, Sister Scioli (not a missionary anymore though), and Sister Garcia
Scioli, Sister Garcia, me, and Brooklyn

Literally...I just burst into tears and just plain happiness! This was so fun to have this surprise come in. I had no idea that my girl would be on the call. I was just plain worried that I wasn't sure how to have a conversation with Scioli! :) **I would later learn after Kaitlyn was home that this was all planned out before Scioli left the mission. These two girls are the BEST**

After we hung up I was just bursting with joy. This was just the video call I needed to get through the next couple of hours as I waited to hear about boarding and see on my flight tracker that the plane was in flight. I also got the sweetest message from Scioli at the end of her visit saying how grateful she was for Sister Garcia and how she literally saved her in her final months of the mission. We were able to talk for a brief back and forth and I assured her she will always be my Brazilian daughter and is always welcome here when she comes to the US. She was gracious enough to send me this final photo of the two of them together. She said this was one of the hardest moments of her life, letting her go and leave Brazil to come home.

These two were perfect for one another and the friendship they have, I pray, will stay near and dear to their hearts for forever. They really helped one another get through the final parts of each of their missions and to know that Scioli was there for the final 'goodbye' was touching and such a blessing for me to know that she was in good hands before she boarded her flight. 

Best bonus video call and photos yet! I love you,

Mom
 



 

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom